From Sterling Website for the 1230... Current is NOT taken from the input battery and given to the output battery. The B2B uses alternator power to charge the output battery. Manual mode and regenerative braking mode allows you to override this.

Edited to correct quote... I assume manual mode is not activated?

Last edited:
From Sterling Website for the 1230... Current is NOT taken from the input battery and given to the output battery. The B2B uses alternator power to charge the output battery. Manual mode and regenerative braking mode allows you to override this.

Edited to correct quote... I assume manual mode is not activated?
It's in auto mode. I'm thinking it's just a rubbish battery. The van is only 8 months old the converter has been great even paid for vw to look at van.

The total draw is 3mA after about 2 mins and disconnecting the leisure side of the van makes no difference. Auto stop start has also stopped working. While driving I'm getting 14.9volts engine off 12.2v after one night down to 11.7v.
Hi
I can certainly agree with that.
Varta AGM 75ah 800cca.
Exactly the same problem. Coming/leaving home auto lights not working. Had to do a 10 mile drive, & stick the battery on charge for 4 hours to get them to work again.
Even tried putting the battery on charge (Genius 5) for 48 hours. It then shows 12.5v, but as soon as the charger is disconnected, it drops to 12.2v.
Strange thing is I have had the battery tested, & there is nothing wrong with it.
Have now got a Bosch 95ah AGM replacement .

Did you have to buy the replacement yourself ? If so where from ?
It’s cheaper on eBay, but it’s shipped from Tanya.
I paid for the replacement.
Info via grim reaper , & andyhasalandy

Last edited:
It’s cheaper on eBay, but it’s shipped from Tanya.
I paid for the replacement.
Info via grim reaper , & andyhasalandy

Blimey I paid £161 4 days ago. I see they have put it up to £179

Turns out the battery fitted to my t6.1 has the exact same part number as the moll battery and the exact same specs. Do you think I have a case of a replacement to the higher spec battery as with the t6 recalls?

Exide EK950 is what I've just fitted to my T6, fits in fine and was no problem even with the additional cables for hook up etc.
Ebay was the cheapest for that. I wasn't too bothered about the 5yr warranty as I probably wont keep it that long so 3yrs was fine for me.
Linky

Just installed the new battery. Bit of a squeeze, but everything connected fine.
Bosch 95ah AGM.

Used OBDeleven Pro to code it.
95 VA0 xxxxxxxxxx (I used last ten digits of barcode) AGM.

Many thanks for all the info gained from the thread.

Just installed the new battery. Bit of a squeeze, but everything connected fine.
Bosch 95ah AGM.

Used OBDeleven Pro to code it.
95 VA0 xxxxxxxxxx (I used last ten digits of barcode) AGM.

Many thanks for all the info gained from the thread.
I cannot get obdeleven to work for coding the battery any advise of something simple I'm missing

Back