A theoretical technical Question, that Loz or one of the other Electrotechnical experts may know the answer for.

Could a Lithium Type of Battery be used for a vehicle main Starting Battery?

I am not about to do this but if I needed to replace a battery could I consider it?

A theoretical technical Question, that Loz or one of the other Electrotechnical experts may know the answer for.

Could a Lithium Type of Battery be used for a vehicle main Starting Battery?

I am not about to do this but if I needed to replace a battery could I consider it?
I can’t comment on the T6 but do know they’re common on the bike scene, now

There is no charging profile for Lithium in the ECU options, there may be in the future (who knows?) but have a watch of this video to see why charging a Lithium Battery without some sort of controller is not a good idea.

Lithium batteries can take so much current during charging that they can kill alternaators.

@Grim Reaper i have changed battery and had a go at coding it- I couldn’t find how to change the 4-7 bits but did manage to change the barcode element. It was a CAN VCDS cable that I used.
I guess I’ll have to see how I go
In post #7 by MMI, the drop down menu chooses between 00 (Wet), 10 (AGM), or 70 (EFB).

Anyone know if you can code a new battery with OBD11?
Yes, of course.
Battery_replacement_1b.png
1606424040742.png

Hi Grim Reaper
How is it going with the Bosch 95Ah 850A AGM?
Is it holding a good charge in this cold weather?
I am thinking of replacing my F/F Varta 75Ah 800A AGM.

It still starts, though I do top it up once a week (have a CTEK on a long lead that I swap between vehicles on the drive while I'm not using them) as I have a GPS tracker that sucks power out of it all the time.
The CTEK traffic light connectors are ideal to keep an eye on them.

About to pull the trigger on the Bosch A13 ADM battery mentioned to replace the hopeless 2017 Moll battery fitted since new. Also thinking ODBeleven is probably worth getting to code it in.

@Ads_Essex / @Grim Reaper - are you running this battery no problems once it's coded?

About to pull the trigger on the Bosch A13 ADM battery mentioned to replace the hopeless 2017 Moll battery fitted since new. Also thinking ODBeleven is probably worth getting to code it in.

@Ads_Essex / @Grim Reaper - are you running this battery no problems once it's coded?
I’m not sure I’ve actually changed it properly.
Mine is working just fine. I think there are two elements to the coding and I may have only done one, but it’s working better than my old 68Ah battery.

Yes it’s fine, as I said before, I tend to charge it regularly as I don’t use the van that much in the winter (keeping it away from the salt) and it has a gps tracker on it that drains the battery more than usual, but you shouldn’t have any issues if it’s coded correctly.

Thank you all for the help here. Successful install and first coding job completed :)
Hi

was this the battery you installed?

Hi

was this the battery you installed?

That's the one!

Back