Underslung Water Tank

Sim73

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I currently have a small internal water tank and I am wanting to fit an underslung tank. I have purchased a shurflo water pump to replace the submersible one. I am now looking at what tank I can fit under the van.

I was going to get the CAK 48 litre one, but then noticed it states that if you have a heater it may not fit... I think I am in this position.

Not the greatest photos, but here is the underside of my van. Any help/ advice

8DD8AAF6-83D7-4DF3-9B71-7600BBB2E239.jpeg

I'm in a similar situation. I would be interested in the double skirt tank (I assume it's this one you're talking about?) but we have a heater so I'm not sure it would fit. We do have a LWB though, so there's an extra foot of space there somewhere - I'm just not sure they do one to take advantage of the extra LWB space.

If you don't have a 4motion though, you can stick a 45l'ish tank in front of the spare wheel. This is where we've stuck our waste tank.

I'll try and post up a picture of how my 70 litre underslung water tank is fitted later....

It basically sits where i have marked the square on the picture... this is just behind the diesel heater which sits roughly inline with under the drivers seat

20200807_130807.jpg

Hi,

I currently have a small internal water tank and I am wanting to fit an underslung tank. I have purchased a shurflo water pump to replace the submersible one. I am now looking at what tank I can fit under the van.

I was going to get the CAK 48 litre one, but then noticed it states that if you have a heater it may not fit... I think I am in this position.

Any help/ advice
I’m not sure what a CAK 48l tank looks like nor where it sits, but do you have a night-heater installed? If not, are you planning to? And if you are, is your van AdBlue? I ask because you can get both single and double water-tanks that sit on the offside cill like JasonW has mentioned, which should both work, it being only the single you can fit if you have a night-heater. If you’re without the AdBlue tank, you can fit the night-heater underneath your passenger seat and have the double water-tank on the offside.
Or you can ignore all the above and go for a centre-mount tank that fits beside your exhaust. Or an internal tank that sits in the void between the b-pillar and c-pillar.

The search function is your friend. Or click on the tag I’ve added at the top.

I'll try and post up a picture of how my 70 litre underslung water tank is fitted later....

It basically sits where i have marked the square on the picture... this is just behind the diesel heater which sits roughly inline with under the drivers seat

View attachment 83923

That would be great if you've got a picture or, even better, a link to the tank. I can't imagine how you'd get 70l in there, the single cak tank I've seen go there is only around 25l.

Thanks. I have a night heater installed and I also have AdBlue.

Maybe the centre mount tank is my best option. I am worried that anything else will sit too low. I have had a read of previous threads, thanks.

That would be great if you've got a picture or, even better, a link to the tank. I can't imagine how you'd get 70l in there, the single cak tank I've seen go there is only around 25l.

This one looks like it might fit, but they are not willing to send me the dimensions to check. This seems a rather strange way to sell a tank. They said I could call in and check to see if it fits, but they are miles away from me.

Bodans Campervans are going to fit an underslung 48l water tank but I don’t know where exactly. All I do know is the filler for it will be under a flap they will cut out in the side door step so I presume the tank will be fitted somewhere near the side door, which is on the near side. May be ask Bodans if the can give you any info?

This one looks like it might fit, but they are not willing to send me the dimensions to check. This seems a rather strange way to sell a tank. They said I could call in and check to see if it fits, but they are miles away from me.

Yeah, I've seen that one, should fit as described I think on a standard non-4motion T6. The main bit of it is exactly where our waste tank is with an extra side bit that goes alongside the spare wheel. We couldn't actually fit that one on ours as we've got an air tank alongside the spare wheel.

Our waste tank is this one:

They probably do a fresh water version of the same thing I imagine.

@t0mb0 I think this is the tank the convertor used on mine... 70l tank although he had to modify it... the inlet i think..

I'll try and take some measurements and pictures tomorrow...

Oh cool, cheers! I'll go and have a measure under our van!

One issue when it was fitted was the underside shield guard on that section wouldn't go back on due to the depth of the tank, but i also had the tank externally winterised so i can use it all year round... which may of added a bit more depth.. not to sure.... but I know it wasn't straight forward...

My Crafter has heater elements in the underslung water tanks to prevent them freezing, I’m told that they are similar to fish tank heaters.

One issue when it was fitted was the underside shield guard on that section wouldn't go back on due to the depth of the tank, but i also had the tank externally winterised so i can use it all year round... which may of added a bit more depth.. not to sure.... but I know it wasn't straight forward...
pics jason.. lol im add blue and lwb and have heater up front os area.. reeely want to see yours as on about an lpg tank in the centre rear area...

pics jason.. lol im add blue and lwb and have heater up front os area.. reeely want to see yours as on about an lpg tank in the centre rear area...

I know, so sorry... really busy and not had chance... i will try for sure tomorrow....

I know, so sorry... really busy and not had chance... i will try for sure tomorrow....

I’d love to see a picture too, I had a look under my van and I can’t work out how on earth that 70l tank would fit without hanging down a very long way.

Sorry, not great pictures but I took these today.... I measured the tank at 35" x 8" x 9" So may be just under 70 litres...

Looking at other tanks around these dimensions they seem in the 60's... i'm beginning to think its not a CAK tank... I asked the convertor again but he said he looked at that many he couldn't be 100% sure.... but thought it was a CAK.... The tank is winterised so can't see any detail on it...

I will try and get more details and better pictures... :thumbsup:

20200910_164518.jpg
20200910_164916.jpg

Back