Underslung CAK Sill Tank pipe routing

FactionRaptor

For those that have installed the underslung CAK sill tank, what route did you take for the 40mm filler hose and the water pump?

I would like to install my water filler cap on the panel between the B pillar and the C pillar such as in the below example.

IMG_1784.png

I had them install the 40mm filler at the front. After three goes they managed to get it where I asked them. My filler pipe runs forward to be filled under the bonnet. The supply pipe runs through an existing hole in the sill in front of the C pillar, and into the van behind the pillar.

Photos of my installation here

I found the photo of the second attempt from CAK. X marks the spot of where it should go.

IMG_8906.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
And you might have a load restraint bolt - this needs to come out, and then you can remove the nut as well. The tank will now fit.

I would also recommend having the straps they send you powder coated, as they are just mild steel.

IMG_8898.jpeg

Thanks so much, thats all very useful information - As for the load restraint bolt, how does that come out? unscrew or angle grinder?

Unbolt the eyebolt from inside the van. The nut is held on by that pop-rivet behind my screwdriver- drill the rivet out.

Oh I see, I think I took them all out when I was prepping the floor, but I'll have a look under tomorrow - thanks again

Back