Tyre pressures for 18" wheels

Captain Mainwaring

T6 Guru
Hi guys, my first proper post apart from the new members forum so please go easy. I have looked through other posts and also trawled through the T5 forum but cannot find a definitive answer so hopefully I am not duplicating

I took delivery of my T32 Kombi 4-Motion a few weeks ago but replaced the standard wheels with 18x8J Wolfrace jobs with Nokian 255 45 18 winter tyres. There is no information on tyre pressures in the owners manual, and the door sticker is only for the original 17" wheels and 215 profile tyres. There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice out there so I rang my VW dealer. My wheel and tyre size is standard Sportline spec so I assumed they would not have any problem giving me the right pressures. They couldn't find it so they looked at the door sticker on a new Sportline in the showroom, shod with 255 45 18's. The door sticker was for 17" wheels only!

So, anyone got a T32 with the same size tyres as me that could help? FWIW my tyres are 103 load rated and I never have any significant weight in the back

Someone posted a sticker a while ago, think it said 40psi, that's what I run with to on 18" sport lines.

@DaveBos the only sticker I saw only went up to 17" wheels but I might have missed it. Is yours a T32, or does it not really make any difference? I also see that the stickers usually recommend a lower pressure on the back unless fully loaded?

Somebody quoted a T5 sticker listing 18s as
44 front - 38 rear light load.
49 front - 49 rear full load

I have T32 with that size tyre and run 45/40

The sticker on my Cali Beach says 45/45 if fully loaded and 44/39 if empty. That's for 18".

Also is your name Alex and do you ride bikes? :cool:

Not stalking - just a good memory :) I remember we carried our bikes up Ben Macdui many years ago!

I've got one of those stickers on mine - by the drivers door slam plate - has the 18" tyre on too :thumbsup:

IMG_1535.JPG

That is the same as mine. It has the pressures for one of the factory recommended 18" sizes, but not for the other one....

when you buy a sportline they give you a creditcard sized plastic card with the tyre pressures on it

but I guess this has been sorted by now

I'll take a pic of it when I get home on Friday

Also got the sportline 18's which is how it came from the dealers. Never got a separate card giving tyre pressures, and the one on the door shut is for 17's. What is the pressure for the 18" sportlines then @ZipcodeUK

Not 100% sure as the sticker on my door pillar also only shows the info for the 17" wheel.

I'd basically planned on following the pressure guidance on the image further up on this thread for the 255/45/18" wheel.

I don't know off the top of my head , I'm at center parcs but will walk down to my van and take a pic of the card I was given with my van in the morning

Back