Cost for day van conversion

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
Looking to get my 6.1 panel van converted to kombi day van . You know the usual 2+1 seats fitted, rubber floor , side sliding windows , deadening, insulation and carpet line. Lowered , larger alloys and maybe grilles gloss blacked and side bars.

I'm flat out at work so don't have any spare time to do any of it myself as planned.

What sort of total cost approximately will I be looking at ? I've got a few quotes for bits and bobs but are people getting deals on complete packages ?

Where are you based?
I done all mine myself apart from the Windows and carpeting which VanDoc done in Worcester.
They do the complete package but won’t have a clue on costs.

In 2018 it cost nearly £18K to have my panel van converted into a day van along the lines of the California Beach. So, lined and insulated, leisure battery + electrics with EHU (& inverter), Reimo pop top + bed pack, Webasto heater, floor with California seat rails (the seat was fitted later so not in this price), low level furniture along one side and a compressor fridge. Some bits listed were not on your list, but then it doesn’t include side windows or wheels.
Quite a shocking sum really, and it’s only gone up since I’ve added air suspension, wheels and that California seat.

In 2018 it cost nearly £18K to have my panel van converted into a day van along the lines of the California Beach. So, lined and insulated, leisure battery + electrics with EHU (& inverter), Reimo pop top + bed pack, Webasto heater, floor with California seat rails (the seat was fitted later so not in this price), low level furniture along one side and a compressor fridge. Some bits listed were not on your list, but then it doesn’t include side windows or wheels.
Quite a shocking sum really, and it’s only gone up since I’ve added air suspension, wheels and that California seat.
Wow I wasn't thinking anywhere near that but then that is quite a lot of work

Looking to get my 6.1 panel van converted to kombi day van . You know the usual 2+1 seats fitted, rubber floor , side sliding windows , deadening, insulation and carpet line.
I’ve been getting quotes for the last few weeks on pretty much this, its a bit of a “how long is a piece of string” with exact specs and materials, but on the south coast you’re looking between £3k and £5k.

Lowering, wheels and the rest of it, no idea, but probably about the same again?

I sold my 2+1 kombi seats,floor brackets, seat belts, the rubber floor and load lashing points for 1k
Perfect condition from a 2021 van
I’d imagine that’s the biggest outlay for parts, carpet and insulation is fairly cheap, it will be the workshop labour fitting windows and the seats that will cost, I would guess about 5k in total

Our website has a detailed price list. It's so hard to give a estimate on any type of conversion, even day vans as some customers go pretty much all out on them, to some just wanting the very minimum.

Back