TSi tuning

Most gains seem to be from downpipe and removal of the precat then Turbo change and intercooler to help with IATs.
I've just ordered a Milltec Cat-back, Resonated, Discreet Outlet system. I'm wondering if/what I should do with my down pipe and precat ? Is there an alternative to the precat? Not too happy to simply gut it for emission reasons. Is there an off the shelf down pipe or should I keep my original? Answers on a postcard please....
I'm also about to pull the trigger on a Forge Blow Off valve kit, are they worth it?

I'm also about to pull the trigger on a Forge Blow Off valve kit, are they worth it?
As the engine has a MAFF if you fit a BOV you need to feed POV exhaust back into the inlet pipe after the MAFF rather than vent straight out.
That is because the air/fuel has already been metered thus you will upset the mixture if you just vent the excess air pressure.

edit:

Last edited:
As the engine has a MAFF if you fit a BOV you need to feed POV exhaust back into the inlet pipe after the MAFF rather than vent straight out.
That is because the air/fuel has already been metered thus you will upset the mixture if you just vent the excess air pressure.

edit:
I imagine that's what the full kit does...

The description says its an atmospheric valve then goes onto say "Like our recirculating valve" so it maybe they do 2 versions and you need to contact them to clarify..

Ohhhh, didn't see that one. That does complicate things. Think I'll have to contact Forge.
Any advice regards replacement off the shelf down pipes or pre-cats?

I’ve got the milltek cat back but I don’t think I’ve got anything else modified in the exhaust. I have the “quiet” version on and it’s still pretty loud. I have the “noisy” version in my shed and honestly don’t think I’d ever fit that. Sound is obviously a personal preference though.

So far I’ve just had Revo stage 1 and TVS map. I’ve spent a lot of time considering Wagner intercooler and TTE450 but am a bit concerned about exhaust needs and that making things even louder. Haven’t checked where you are located, but I can recommend VAS works in Holton Heath. Paul runs it and has a TSI he’s done a lot of development work on with Revo
he’s always good for a chat about options.

What bhp and torque was it remapped to and how many miles since remap. Also how hard were you driving and what did you replace it with?

That a revo map and the "milder" one at that. I didnt beat on it a lot, it would hold fine to start with but in recent months with heavy load it would slip. About 20k miles since mapped.
Tried to get a Sachs uprated but couldnt get one so have a new Sachs flywheel and Helix uprated. Not driven it yet so dont know what its like yet.

Thanks for that, done about 10k on mine with no issues as yet. Let me know how you get on with it and wouldn't mind the cost of supply and fit as Aberdeen area is an option for me.

I sourced the bits myself. Was just under £1k for flywheel, bolts, clutch kit and slave cylinder. About £400 for fitting.

Cheers, I will look into it as planning a six thousand mile trip and would not want it happening in another country.

I sourced the bits myself. Was just under £1k for flywheel, bolts, clutch kit and slave cylinder. About £400 for fitting.
The only way to know what is really installed. Unless you see it bolted up you’re relying on an invoice and honesty.

Back