TSi tuning

OK, so I am having a small issue with my remapped TSI. I’m not saying that it is the map that is at fault, but I feel that the only place I can take it to is the place that mapped it, which happens to be Pendle HQ. If I was to take it to the dealer, I feel they would just blame the map - am I right?
My issue is a hesitation when accelerating under load (so up a hill and/or heavily loaded). I can’t really notice it under full throttle, but it might still be there, I only notice it only under a partial throttle. It feels like a misfire, but VCDS is not picking up any misfires, and I haven’t seen any knock sensor triggers either (both suggested by Pendle).
To further complicate matters, I have an LPG conversion on my van. This issue happens on both fuels though and I always use Shell V-Power. I have also fitted new OEM plugs, but this made no difference.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with their TSI (mapped or not)? If so, was there a solution?
For the record, this issue might have happened since the remap, but I didn’t notice for a while, partly because few of us have been doing much driving over the last year, and partly because 300bhp is so manic that it still feels fantastic on my van, it’s only when I’m not enjoying the full potential that I notice it. Also, of course, I usually use LPG and I have to remember to switch to petrol if I want to be sure that it is not LPG related.
Anyway, the latest from Pendle is to drive it solely on petrol for a few hundred miles to flush out any possible LPG influence and if the issue still occurs get back in touch. I’m not sure how willing they are to investigate such a problem (not related to the remap), but as I said, I don’t feel I can take it to the dealer (which was not an issue I foresaw when getting a remap). Thus far they (Pendle) have been very helpful with their advice.

Would Pendle be open to you paying him to diagnose the fault, say two or three hours and if he finds a map issue then it’s at his cost, or if he finds a fault with your van then you pay his labour? Would he flash back to standard for you once you’ve tried the lpg fix?

Would Pendle be open to you paying him to diagnose the fault, say two or three hours and if he finds a map issue then it’s at his cost, or if he finds a fault with your van then you pay his labour? Would he flash back to standard for you once you’ve tried the lpg fix?
I can’t honestly see it being a map issue - he’s done enough of them either in the Transporter or on other VW vehicles, and I am resigned to having to pay to get it fixed. I want it fixed. I’m sure that if he discovers that it is a map issue, then he will tell me, but it’s been a year since it was mapped.
I just thought I should ask the members whether anyone has had a similar issue to try to cover all bases before booking it in.

Hi if anyone needs any help with t6 tsi tunning I have a 430bhp beast with a custom air box tte450 turbo custom down pipe full miltek
High pressure fuel pump Wagner intercooler mrc mapping few other bits ap brakes
Hello,
can you tell me what high pressure fuel pump do you have?
greetings
Jaro

What exhausts are people running? It seems Milltek and PP tuning are only options. Id like a little noise but dont want excessive and anything boomy when driving.

Im only looking for cat back, spoke to Paul a while back and he said the DP's were built on the van as they need tweeking.
Id suggest doing a custom exhaust system, you can tailor it to what kind of sound you want. I went to EMP Performance who did mine, i havent done the DP. I done mine from DP all the way to the back. I even got them to install a small silencer in the middle as it would've been extremely loud, iv had very good feedback from the public of the sound the van makes. EMP Van Exhaust

OK, so I am having a small issue with my remapped TSI. I’m not saying that it is the map that is at fault, but I feel that the only place I can take it to is the place that mapped it, which happens to be Pendle HQ. If I was to take it to the dealer, I feel they would just blame the map - am I right?
My issue is a hesitation when accelerating under load (so up a hill and/or heavily loaded). I can’t really notice it under full throttle, but it might still be there, I only notice it only under a partial throttle. It feels like a misfire, but VCDS is not picking up any misfires, and I haven’t seen any knock sensor triggers either (both suggested by Pendle).
To further complicate matters, I have an LPG conversion on my van. This issue happens on both fuels though and I always use Shell V-Power. I have also fitted new OEM plugs, but this made no difference.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with their TSI (mapped or not)? If so, was there a solution?
For the record, this issue might have happened since the remap, but I didn’t notice for a while, partly because few of us have been doing much driving over the last year, and partly because 300bhp is so manic that it still feels fantastic on my van, it’s only when I’m not enjoying the full potential that I notice it. Also, of course, I usually use LPG and I have to remember to switch to petrol if I want to be sure that it is not LPG related.
Anyway, the latest from Pendle is to drive it solely on petrol for a few hundred miles to flush out any possible LPG influence and if the issue still occurs get back in touch. I’m not sure how willing they are to investigate such a problem (not related to the remap), but as I said, I don’t feel I can take it to the dealer (which was not an issue I foresaw when getting a remap). Thus far they (Pendle) have been very helpful with their advice.
Did you get anywhere with your diagnosis? I too have very similar symptoms with my Pendle mapped tsi. More apparent if I accelerate gently between 2000-3000 rpm.

I’ve not got any further no.
I drove several hundred miles (if not a thousand) on petrol only and it was difficult to replicate the issue reliably. Since then, using LPG again, it is more noticeable and appears to happen at specific points between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm. 3,250 rpm being one of them. I recently drove up a long steep hill with cruise control engaged and the gear selection meant the revs were about 3,250 - 3,300 rpm and there was constant variance in the feel. Trouble is, that hill is some 60 miles away, and I need to go back and try that again using petrol…
For a while, I thought that maybe the DSG was initiating a gear change without completing one, for the feel is similar to the relaxation of power when the DSG changes gears, but I have driven it in manual mode, holding the gear when it would normally change up, and the hesitation is still there.

Spoke to VAS, nice guys there. The intake they do is tweeked to fit the van you have as apparently everyone they have done has required a bit of work to fit right, therefore you have to visit them for fitting. The DP they have is straight from turbo back and 3in. It is full decat.

They said on std turbo they run hot with a map so I think for longevity an intercooler and maybe gutting precat will help. Only concern is emissions affect with gutting precat. They said on back to back test the Forge did run coolest intake temps vs Wagner. Wagners do appear to be better made though.

At the moment Im probably going to go with, straight cone or panel filter on stock intake pipe, stock exhaust, Forge intercooler, forge boost pipes then custom map from MRC Scotland as that will include RR graphs etc.
Give me a nod when you get it done, would be interested in results and costs at MRC.

Hi if anyone needs any help with t6 tsi tunning I have a 430bhp beast with a custom air box tte450 turbo custom down pipe full miltek
High pressure fuel pump Wagner intercooler mrc mapping few other bits ap brakes
Did u put injectors in it or are they stock

Back