TSi tuning

Hi all

first message as I’m new to this forum,,

help required!!

Has any one sourced air induction kit for T6 2.0 TSI, I’m starting a build of this van, upgraded TTE450 turbo, Wagner Evo 2 cooler, forge big beak upgrade,
Can’t find air induction kits for it any where?
New Custum made downpipes etc,

also decent coil overs?
Any help would be appreciated!!

Give PPTuning a call, they've got a solution for a cold air intake, custom fabricated box to reduce heat soak and cone filter package.
They also offered me sports cat downpipe with valved SS exhaust system, forge IC and charge pipes.
A custom turbo for 400-450bhp is also nearly ready, so a straight swap and map with above mods. I'm after a reliable 400bhp on my DSG TSI with traction control switch fitted so I can actually enjoy it :thumbsup:

Can Pendle not get 400Hp out of the OEM Turbo?
Just need to screw a bit more their Dyno :) :) :) that is just 40 hp more than 360 so just need to screw it more by 10% :) :) :)
How can the OEM turbo with a compressor wheel of 40.2 inducer/52.5mm exducer do this? This out of the compressor map of that wheel. "FAKE NEWS".
You would need something like 22 PSI at 5800rpm. But that turbo can't handle that. The max it can hold at 5800rpm is 13-14psi. This is with 97.5% of N75 duty cycle. 100% does not existe
360Hp is in the range of à K04-064 ( turbo of the Golf 6 R) and it got a compressor wheel with 46mm inducer / 56mm exducer so much Bigger than T6 TSI turbo.

Plug your VCDS and log MAF G/s number this is good way to see if Dyno is kind of accurate.
OEM T6 TSI 204hp when logging MAF it is around 155-160G/s so for 400hp it should read around 300- 310G/s
For 300Hp around 225G/s

I would be very interest to see VCDS log of MAF of one those stage 1 300HP Pendle remap VW T6 TSI.
I guess that it will be somewhere 205-210G/s

Last edited:
Same with me lockdown half way in the tuning process with my turbozentrum hybrid smaller than TTE 450.
I'm at 385HP 540NM. Hope to finish close to 400HP

Same with me lockdown half way in the tuning process with my turbozentrum hybrid smaller than TTE 450.
I'm at 385HP 540NM. Hope to finish close to 400HP
Have you upgraded intercooler etc, brakes, have you upgraded air induction?? As I’m staying standard at the moment on that front, how about suspension?

-I have build my own induction. then I log it with VCDS to seee if it was efficient and I gain 15G/S so about 20 Hp
- I have guted out the 2 cat from from the down pipe and log with VCDS MAF value after that and compare to my friend with a 3" down pipe we have about same value. that mean that my Guted oem down pipe expel as good as a 3" down pipe. It's easy and cheap way to get a good down pipe that is 2.75"
- then I have Scorpion 2.75" exhaust.
- I have Wagner EVO 2 IC
- on fueling side I have AEM 340L/H LPFP, VIS HPFP and Golf 7R injector's I need this upgrade because I use E85 so I need 30% more fueling. So OEM fueling was not enough.
- I have KW V3 coilover, and H&R bar
- OZ ultraggera 19 wheel.
- Brake I 'm on OEM 340mm no fading until now even going down the alps spirited drive with lot of 100mph to 30 mph braking.
. Big chance this never happen as on my ex T5 V6 with supercharger 440HP in never felt the need of bigger brake.
If one day i get fading I will first start by upgrading the brake fluide to Motule RBF 700 that got boiling point at 336°C with yellow EBC brake pads and goodridge stainless brakeline. that should be plenty enough. Big brake kit is mostly for the look. I don't care of the look I only care of efficiency.

-I have build my own induction. then I log it with VCDS to seee if it was efficient and I gain 15G/S so about 20 Hp
- I have guted out the 2 cat from from the down pipe and log with VCDS MAF value after that and compare to my friend with a 3" down pipe we have about same value. that mean that my Guted oem down pipe expel as good as a 3" down pipe. It's easy and cheap way to get a good down pipe that is 2.75"
- I have Wagner EVO 2 IC
- on fueling side I have AEM 340L/H LPFP, VIS HPFP and Golf 7R injector's I need this upgrade because I use E85 so I need 30% more fueling. So OEM fueling was not enough.
- Brake I 'm on OEM 340mm no fading until now even going down the alps spirited drive with lot of 100mph to 30 mph braking.
. Big chance this never happen as on my ex T5 V6 with supercharger 440HP in never felt the need of bigger brake.
If one day i get fading I will first start by upgrading the brake fluide to Motule RBF 700 that got boiling point at 336°C with yellow EBC brake pads and goodridge stainless brakeline. that should be plenty enough. Big brake kit is mostly for the look. I don't care of the look I only care of efficiency.
Sounds awesome!! Fair play

You should get passed 400HP with TTE 450 maybe with full bolt on you can get over 420 HP with upgraded fueling.
420 Hp is the limit on oem fueling.
On my side I know I want to run with E85 because it's 2.5 time cheaper than 98 or 99 here in France.
With E85 and the upgrade fueling that I have I know the limit of the fueling is around 400HP
I also know that E85 can extract more power of a smaller turbo.
So i got custom made a turbo hybrid with a target of 370HP on 98or 99 or 400HP with E85
Like that I keep torque very high at low rpm. I have already 200 Hp at 2500 rpm and around 250hp at 3000 rpm
So that my power band stay very wide.

If you have a good tuner your TTE 450 should also have a nice power band. It will be higher in the rev than mine.
This should fit nice considering you are in UK you don't have a 4motion, so traction could be an issue at low rpm with lot of torque.
I'm in France so I have a 4motion DSG and I have access to E85 that is 2.5 cheaper than 98 or 99 and can give an extra 30 hp up the rev with same size turbo.
So different target for me.

PS: If i had to choose in between upgrading size of brake or semi bucket seat to be faster. the first thing I would upgrade any time on a T5/T6 is the seat.
Because at this power its a big fight to stay in the seat in the curve's. the brake are no trouble.

You should get passed 400HP with TTE 450 maybe with full bolt on you can get over 420 HP with upgraded fueling.
420 Hp is the limit on oem fueling.
On my side I know I want to run with E85 because it's 2.5 time cheaper than 98 or 99 here in France.
With E85 and the upgrade fueling that I have I know the limit of the fueling is around 400HP
I also know that E85 can extract more power of a smaller turbo.
So i got custom made a turbo hybrid with a target of 370HP on 98or 99 or 400HP with E85
Like that I keep torque very high at low rpm. I have already 200 Hp at 2500 rpm and around 250hp at 3000 rpm
So that my power band stay very wide.

If you have a good tuner your TTE 450 should also have a nice power band. It will be higher in the rev than mine.
This should fit nice considering you are in UK you don't have a 4motion, so traction could be an issue at low rpm with lot of torque.
I'm in France so I have a 4motion DSG and I have access to E85 that is 2.5 cheaper than 98 or 99 and can give an extra 30 hp up the rev with same size turbo.
So different target for me.

PS: If i had to choose in between upgrading size of brake or semi bucket seat to be faster. the first thing I would upgrade any time on a T5/T6 is the seat.
Because at this power its a big fight to stay in the seat in the curve's. the brake are no trouble.
Yeah seats are defiantly on the todo list, as it hard to stay on the seat now At 280bhp, so these will definitely being added,

. So are you just going for the downpipe and tte turbo
Same Wagner eco comp 2 cooler, look into fuelling as there are going to dyno first with standard, standard air box for now , bilstein coil overs, Maxston splitter kit all round, Ferrari 458 wheels,

- I have Wagner EVO 2 IC

How did you gut the down-pipe, and wont you have to buy and refit the cats to pass any emissions tests?
Thanks

Just got it all fitted, had the induction kit fitted first and was well happy, makes lovely washing noises,

Iv now just had the Intercooler, blue hoses and this fantastic blow of valve fitted. And I have to tell you this blow of valve is awesome, has turned my turbo to the biggest dump valve iv ever heard, it sounds like bus doors opening every time i lift off the throttle, it even flutters, sooo awesome. This with the noise of the induction kit is fantastic.

Next step is next month I'm getting a new exhaust with sports cat and valve button control. Can't wait.

Screenshot_20200612-000110_Chrome.jpg

Boost_Hose_Kit_for_VW_T6_20TSI_97592jpeg.jpg

20200606_100543.jpg

20200402_164937.jpg

20200520_110011.jpg

Back