Trigger horn, multifunction steering wheel

mod_man

Hi all, lone time lurker, first time poster.

I need to be able to remotely trigger the horn on my T6, and I'm struggling to work out how to simulate the horn being pressed.

I've downloaded the "Circuit_Diagrams_Basic_Equipment_T6F", and am looking at page 10. I was hoping I could short the two horn wires to trigger the horn. These are connected to T41/12 (br) and T41/11 (br/ge) on the 41-pin connector, grey (T41).

Unfortunately looking at the connector, there is no pin populated in position 11 of the connector! Can anyone help me with the two pins the need to be shorted to get the horn to go? (see attached photo, pins increment from left to right)

I suspect my issue is that I have a "multifunction steering wheel", while the circuit diagram specifies "Only models with no multifunction steering wheel". (See attached photo of steering wheel).

Thanks very much

steering wheel.jpg

T41 connector.jpg

you have a MFSW . . .

which means the Horn Plate connects to a LIN Bus module in the wheel . . . before getting back to the BCM . . (i think TBC)

you need the schematic for the MFSW option . .

Also FYI . . . this will only work when the ignition is on/van running . . . . what scenario did you need the horn to work?

would a separate 12v sounder not be easier to implement

****************************************?

1595581737576.png

1595581951819.png

E441 RHS Multifunction buttons on right in steering wheel connects to > E440 Multifunction buttons on left in steering wheel (via ribbon cable)

E440 LHS buttons are on J453 Multifunction steering wheel control unit.
J453 connects (via LIN bus T5u/3 0.35mm purple/white)via the F350 slip ring to the BCM (J519)
J453 connects (T5u/5 0.35mm grey) via the F350 slip ring to the (J623) Engine control unit
12v power (T5u/2 0.35mm white) via > SC32 Fuse 32 on fuse holder C to (F350 to J453)
0v ground (T5u/1 0.35mm Brown)(Earth connection, in airbag wiring harness )via > F350 > Earth point, onboard supply control unit
Horn plate feed to J453 (T5u/1 0.35mm blue/white)
Horn plate ground (T5u/1 0.35mm Brown)(Earth connection, in airbag wiring harness )

so there should be 6x wires at the yellow connector, 2x for Airbag and 4x for power and data)

no illumination feed from what i can see, so the switch modules must get the illumination PVM via the LIN Bus.

Thanks very much Dellmassive, that's really helpful! Yes it turns out I do need to be able to trigger the horn with the car off. Could I not just find a way to apply 12V to the existing horn?

Its not as simple as that.

The horn is BCM, PWM contrled...... so. . . .

Might be easier to just wire a 12v sounder or separate horn.

Come join the VIP club.

Back