Please help with T6 EUR 5 airbag loom question

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 SL-to-Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good afternoon fine folk

I’m retrofitting a non-CCS MFSW to a EUR5 T6. Im not being lazy - I’ve read every post on here about MFSW retrofits. None deal with my exact situation. What’s different about my situation is two things: I won’t have CCS on the wheel, instead phase 2 of this will be putting it on the stalks. Second is that it is EUR5.

I’m still planning but struggling to find some parts.

The worst offender is the airbag loom. I’ve taken my airbag off so I can see the connectors and have certainty about reusing my airbag. I know what I need thanks to the posts here, but I just can’t find it anywhere new or second hand. Been searching for days. Took the part numbers mentioned on this forum to VW, and although they can see the parts on one database, the computer has stopped them from being ordered, and VW can’t even give me a price. Took a punt on an import but its black connector has six slots.

I can find a loom that has four wires to the black micro-quad plug, but not 5. Looking at the wiring diagram (ignore my scribbles), one of the five wires (if fully populated) is grey (I’ve circled it as ‘A’) and goes to the T10 connector via the clock spring. The wiring diagram has two asterisks on that yellow and black wire (circled as ‘B’) to the T10:
  • *1 - Only models with CCS
  • *2 - Only models with EUR6
Now my T6 is neither of those, so what’s stopping me unpinning that grey cable from the black connector at position 5 and plugging it into position 4 where I can then put a spade on the other end and attach it to the horn, in effect becoming the blue/white (circled ‘C’) wire? Is that grey wire doing anything at all in my set up?

Any help massively appreciated.

From Chris, 6’4” and surrounded by steering wheel parts :)

IMG_5286.jpeg

IMG_5287.jpeg

Thanks @mmi. That just made this a whole load easier. Really appreciate your input.
I had to do similar, but on the yellow plug with the wheel loom, my loom had the pin for the cruise signal in the horn slot, so just switched it over on the connector and jobs a goodun, no harm using what you’ve already got. Although I had Chris on the phone telling me how to get the sodding pin out as I couldn’t work out the connector lol.

Reactions: CJW
I had to do similar, but on the yellow plug with the wheel loom, my loom had the pin for the cruise signal in the horn slot, so just switched it over on the connector and jobs a goodun, no harm using what you’ve already got. Although I had Chris on the phone telling me how to get the sodding pin out as I couldn’t work out the connector lol.
Yes a bit of creativity is necessary if keeping the airbag. I managed to find a Polish supplier of new airbags that come complete with a fully occupied loom. Should save some swearing! :)

Back