Towbar-mounted Bike Carrier

When you have the second bike loaded do the handlebars touch the tailgate or do you have to turn them 90 degrees?
Many thanks.
I can’t put my bike in the first position because the bars are too wide and will touch the tailgate. But in the second position it’s fine and they are 740mm wide. If I’m taking more bikes I just put the one with the smallest bars nearest the tailgate.

I can’t put my bike in the first position because the bars are too wide and will touch the tailgate. But in the second position it’s fine and they are 740mm wide. If I’m taking more bikes I just put the one with the smallest bars nearest the tailgate.
Thanks for this, very helpful. I suspected this may be the case.

Mines a Thule 941 2-bike on a Westfalia removeable and you cant open the tailgate

Weird mines a 3 bike also with the option accessory to add a fourth
I have a retro fitted Westfalia detachable towbar which I'm sure is identical to as it would have left the factory with if specced

I have a Thule 929, with a Westfalia 321651 fitted... Ad admittedly I have barn doors, but I think the mount of the bike rack sticks so far up I don't think that would open either.

The reference on my detachable swan tow ball is 321546, I just wondered what yours might be?

Back