Towbar Coding - cannot get past security

Depron Donkey

140 DSG Kombi Red, 150 DSG Kombi Bamboo Green
VCDS User
T6 Pro
hi, I have installed trailer in 19 can gateway intallation list. Then need to code for the rear sensors. Gone into 10 park/steer assist and set bit01 to trailer hitch installed. When I click to do it I get a message saying coding rejected, error 33 security access required. Am I doing it wrong or how do I gain access?
TIA. upload_2018-11-29_11-42-44.jpeg

upload_2018-11-29_10-22-11.jpeg

Reminds me - next time we are at a meet I need someone with VCDS to check my tow bar is coded in correctly (due to the intermittent nature of the fault I keep forgetting to ask!); I still have an intermittent fault with one of my parking sensors which has been there pretty much from day 1. It can, as it is as the moment, work OK for weeks at a time but then decides to go wrong - I've tried swapping the sensor with another in the bumper and the fault moves with the sensor so I am pretty sure it is coded correctly and down to a faulty sensor - VW won't look at is as they say it's down to the coding and my after market tow bar. I tried ordering a replacement via eBay but the part that arrived was not correct so had a refund and the people I dealt with were unable to source the correct one - will probably just end up buying a new sensor from VW.

Go back a screen, it’s one of the buttons next to the coding button you clicked
Thanks Pauly, can I also ask what the correct way to code the H7 lights (H4 upgrade) so the low beam stays on with high beam.
I read this should not be done simply using the tick box in VCDS?

Go into module 9 and have a scan at the high numbered bytes (think it’s around byte 20-22) and there’s a tick box for ‘enable low beam when high beam active’ but you need to be running the current software or the tick box won’t be there

VCDS 18.9, the option is there I think but thought I had read not to do it with tick box?!
Andy.

VCDS 18.9, the option is there I think but thought I had read not to do it with tick box?!
Andy.
The tick box is the easiest route to do it. In the early stages we didn't know which code it was so some references are to the discovery of that. It's been used so freely now that ross-tech have recognised/approved it and given us the tick box. I've done 2 using the tick box with no issues reported.

Done it using the tick box but not checked yet.
Thanks for the guidance to you all that helped!
Andy.

Back