Tiguan Seats Fitted

Knightroturbo

T6.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Managed to finish getting the seats fitted today. Did the passenger seat last weekend with no errors or airbag light.

Today… as soon as I unplugged the drivers seatbelt buckle I got 9 errors which included air bag light, ACC, parking sensors etc. so I took the belt buckle off captains seat as was suggested by few and fitted it to the Tiguan seat. Cleared the faults with Carista and so far so good

50B6F744-7238-4693-88B6-9BE8C5F86695.jpeg0879F76F-91F9-4BAE-A930-6F1C428A0D02.jpegF94A85A2-1CA3-4D8A-A909-16C5775E438A.jpegE1F605CF-F0C6-49C7-94A2-A771703DA12C.jpegB4C88E9A-DEC1-47A1-B3B5-8B6C190274DD.jpeg

Steve, what’s the switch on the side of yours? Is that the massage function?

Yes would be nice to get the heated seats working, guess I’ll be picking your brains as you got yours working
Yes, it’s the Ergocomfort seat so has massage, adjustable lumbar and an extendable don’t edge. All of these with the heated function makes it one very comfortable place to sit. Both seats also spin although the drivers doesn’t go 180 as it hits the steering wheel.
Happy to help when you’re ready to get the heat working. You’ll need the Kufatec loom, a heated seat module and some genuine heated seat switches if you’re wanting an original look.

Yes, it’s the Ergocomfort seat so has massage, adjustable lumbar and an extendable don’t edge. All of these with the heated function makes it one very comfortable place to sit. Both seats also spin although the drivers doesn’t go 180 as it hits the steering wheel.
Happy to help when you’re ready to get the heat working. You’ll need the Kufatec loom, a heated seat module and some genuine heated seat switches if you’re wanting an original look.
Thanks Steve, yes I would like the OEM look. I’ve been looking for the heating switches and module. I’ll give you a shout when I eventually get some

Hi these look great what would I need to do to get them fitted and fully working In a T6 that has 2+1 heated seats apart from a passenger single seat base

Jason

Hi these look great what would I need to do to get them fitted and fully working In a T6 that has 2+1 heated seats apart from a passenger single seat base

Jason
Yes, defo the base obvs, you may need to change the plugs for the seats. Steview has done his T6, so he will know for sure

Yes, defo the base obvs, you may need to change the plugs for the seats. Steview has done his T6, so he will know for sure
Yes you can get them to work although you have to chop plugs off. I tried everywhere to get plugs to match the original van loom but didn’t have any luck. I’ll try and help you if I can once you get the seats and know what wires the new seats have.

Thanks for the reply pal.
I've have got a seat base just need to located some seats now that aren’t silly money
I may go down the mk7 Gti seats but still haven’t decide, do you know if the heating on the gti seats would work with the stock switches on the T6?

Thanks for the reply pal.
I've have got a seat base just need to located some seats now that aren’t silly money
I may go down the mk7 Gti seats but still haven’t decide, do you know if the heating on the gti seats would work with the stock switches on the T6?
I don’t see why they wouldn’t. You would just need to find a wiring diagram to find out which wires you need. Possibly the same as a Tiguan. The Transporter only has 3 wires per seat for the heating. My T6 doesn’t have seat airbags and I didn’t bother connecting the seat belt warning wires. Mine also didn’t oriohave heated seats so also had to fit the Kufatec loom. Was a bit of a head scratcher but definitely worth it.

These look great, do they fit on a standard base then and do they swivel OEM or have you added that?
Thanks.
They’re fitted on adapter brackets on bases with the swivel built in. The drivers seat doesn’t swivel all the way round so I probably wouldn’t bother with that unless the new swivel adapters from THQ are made to allow this.

They’re fitted on adapter brackets on bases with the swivel built in. The drivers seat doesn’t swivel all the way round so I probably wouldn’t bother with that unless the new swivel adapters from THQ are made to allow this.
Cheers, I think we going for the non swivel ones, I have got a standard single seat base coming, I just need to find some comfortable single seats, we can't justify paying for a t6 passenger seat
We aren't bothered about the swivel, just the ability to walk from the front to the back.

Cheers, I think we going for the non swivel ones, I have got a standard single seat base coming, I just need to find some comfortable single seats, we can't justify paying for a t6 passenger seat
We aren't bothered about the swivel, just the ability to walk from the front to the back.
Yes, the Tiguan seats are a lot cheaper and very comfortable if you’re not bothered about arm rests. I might fit some armrests during the winter months but to be honest I haven’t really missed them.

Yes, the Tiguan seats are a lot cheaper and very comfortable if you’re not bothered about arm rests. I might fit some armrests during the winter months but to be honest I haven’t really missed them.
Well I'm just finishing installing my seats today, you said that you left the seat belt warning disconnected, does it bring up any error lights, I have the two plugs from the Tiguan seat and the black one from the vehicle?1000033321.jpg

Yellow plug is seat airbags so not needed. The red plug has all the wires for heating and any electrical adjusters. If you don’t have heated seats as standard then you can just leave everything unplugged and no errors should show.

Yellow plug is seat airbags so not needed. The red plug has all the wires for heating and any electrical adjusters. If you don’t have heated seats as standard then you can just leave everything unplugged and no errors should show.
Ideal, cheers, I might sort out heated seats in the future but for now I'll just tie them up.

Back