Airbag light after swapping for single passenger seat

record1976

Just had single passenger seat fitted in T6 Shuttle, replacing double seat and now airbag light is on

Told by garage the airbag light is due to the 2nd seat belt/double seat internal belt not now plugged in. They said needs to be programmed. Does this make sense for an airbag light?

Contacted an independent VW garage and they have suggested that it won't be possibly to code this, that a new airbag module might be needed. They've said they can have a look but one month to book in and that's not necessarily going to sort it.

So a bit stuck at the moment and hoping that someone might have some experience in doing this

I done the same mod and only needed to fit a resistor into the airbag connector which comes out of floor, basically a 5 min job

I’ve borrowed this code reader to try and clear my airbag light. I made the amateur error of turning the ignition on with the passenger side panel disconnected.
I’ve gone through the menu but it isn’t finding any error codes or clearing them.
Is this type of reader capable of clearing the airbag light error or do I need a different reader like the white Carista which connects to the phone or the ones the dealers use?

IMG_4657.jpeg

Worth getting a Carista for the money mate.
Can I also use it for sorting out the main and dipped on the H7’s when I fit them, and to change the digital kmh to mph or do I need something else for that?

Hi @Pewt carista arrived today.
I’ve not yet signed up for the free trial but have downloaded the app.
I can’t see an option to customise the headlights so the main stays on with the dipped?
I can see a setting about the instrument cluster region (Germany, Europe/other, USA) which says it affects the external lights. Do I need to do something in this setting to get to the headlight option?

Thanks

Back