@Thoggs lining as it happens

@Roadrunner Love to see some pics as I'm a bit distant to pop round for a look. I like tidy because it demonstrates somebody that takes care of their tools and place of work and are likely to take a pride in their work and will be careful to do a "proper job". It is an indication of having STANDARDS. So good on you. :D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_6512.JPG
This is what it looked like after one of out shutdowns, the kit you see and trollies have just returned and all the stuff has to be put away. It's not normally this messy

We are currently working on a way to offer 3.6mm hpl pressed birch ply panels as an option in our lining package. We think we have cracked a way of fixing them in with no visible fixings whilst still being 100% removable. This would mean we can offer litterally hundreds of colours and patterns from our standard hpl range and tens of thousands from formica, ARPA etc etc

Would that be hidden reccesed clips within a secondary skin?. 3.6mm ply over with oem hardboard or 6mm ply?.
Thus creating a flat surface to laminate over, no hidden clip bumps?.

Thanks

View attachment 4728
This is what it looked like after one of out shutdowns, the kit you see and trollies have just returned and all the stuff has to be put away. It's not normally this messy
@Roadrunner That's the only problem with stores, people keep messing with them. Reminds me of an old friend's saying when he was in the Army - Stores are for storing, if they were meant for issuing they would have been called issues so b****r off and don't come back! :rofl: Others often don't realise the work involved in running a stores setup properly. :thumbsup::whistle:

Would that be hidden reccesed clips within a secondary skin?. 3.6mm ply over with oem hardboard or 6mm ply?.
Thus creating a flat surface to laminate over, no hidden clip bumps?.

Thanks

Nope. Im afraid Im playing this one clost to my chest, just like how we do our one peice birch ply headlining and our courtesy lights. Needless to say it will be a rock solid fix that is removable if nessacerry and can easilly be reattached. Its details like these that require lots of trial and error and careful thought and research that we consider to be our trade secrets as they are extremely difficult to copy.

I'm in the process of stripping out the old hardboard lining, do you have to fully remove the grey plastic clips to replace with the hidden panel clips (in due time). They're a bugger to get out, need to go round them all with pliers.

im afraid so! not sure why your having such a struggle? they should come out easy peasy!

Silent coat and dodo arrived today, just need to get some of that solvent and give it all a good clean

14864856269191948047240.jpg

:eek: We tend to unscrew them using a small drill driver and and allen key head (3mm if memory serves) its essential not to put forward pressure on the driver and let it just wind out.
Just out of interest @warren have you found this thread helpful?

I'm afraid to report there will be no progress pictures tonight as I have been off measuring up the new workshop and drawing up plans for where everything will be going, Brett has been manic with customers having pods fitted and Mike has been off gallivanting in Brizzol. So the progress from today on @Thogg 's van was just a few hours, all carpet lining is now finished bar the one piece roof and all the electrics are first fixed with a bit of luck it will be finished tomorrow as all three of us will be on it most of the day with any luck.

I'm boxing the arches in, that'll dampen the noise I think but I've ordered some of the 'cheaper' sound proofing from MVM for extra quietness. I've got silent coat for all the main parts especially front doors. I was going to do the exterior wheel arches too underneath the lining.

Is it worth doubling up my 2mm to 4mm in places?

Have you got any pictures of the first fix of carpet with panels cut out? Do you cover the silent coat/insulation?

Back