@Thoggs lining as it happens

we do use a vacuum.... lots of them..... Festool ones (We love our Festool) and a portable dewalt one!

@slidepods Nice benches too. :thumbsup: Liking the overhead switch and power outlet set-up.:thumbsup:

we use this station to charge batteries, run a few tools and most importantly pressure test all the internal water fittings of our pods to 5 bar for 24 hours.

I will definitely be replicating this setup in our new workshop that we are moving into later this year.

After Years of running around with one stuffed somewhere and multitasking, as he went... he had enough and upgraded probably!

Just for fun we are going to conduct a bit of kitchen sink science on @Thogg 's van to see the measurable differences of the sound level from before and after in his van.
We intend to do this by using a smart phone and a free app (so no fancy audio equipment) to measure the road noise at an average speed of 60mph in both decibels and hertz. We will obviously use the same peice of road and the same lane for the test. the A38 between our workshop at the Expressway junction and the Trago/Heathfield Junction, Travelling south for decibels and north for hertz.
When I talked to silent coat back before deciding to become affiliated with their product they told me that its not just about lowering the volume of the road noise created but also about changing the tone to a more agreeable one.
Hopefully we wont end up with egg on our faces as I intend to post the results as they happen not at the end of the job. (So long as Thogg is okay with all this)

Just for fun we are going to conduct a bit of kitchen sink science on @Thogg 's van to see the measurable differences of the sound level from before and after in his van.
We intend to do this by using a smart phone and a free app (so no fancy audio equipment) to measure the road noise at an average speed of 60mph in both decibels and hertz. We will obviously use the same peice of road and the same lane for the test. the A38 between our workshop at the Expressway junction and the Trago/Heathfield Junction, Travelling south for decibels and north for hertz.
When I talked to silent coat back before deciding to become affiliated with their product they told me that its not just about lowering the volume of the road noise created but also about changing the tone to a more agreeable one.
Hopefully we wont end up with egg on our faces as I intend to post the results as they happen not at the end of the job. (So long as Thogg is okay with all this)
Yep I'm ok with all of this..... feel free to road test it to Newquay!

Okay so day 1 over and done with! So lets run through the progress and give a few hints and tips to anyone planning on DIY lining their van :thumbsup:
So to start with its all panels out, steps out, tailgate slam strip threshold out.
Marking the position of door rubbers with masking tape and the join on the tailgate rubber

helps when it comes to putting them back on :thumbsup:

Back