@Thoggs lining as it happens

next the 2 sides of the van go in in a single piece with joins near the tailgate hinges. We have tested lining all the metal work in a single piece but even using the best carpet available (which we do) we found that the carpet thinned in these areas to much as it changed direction in the rear upper corners of the van.

Towards the end of the day we did get round to making up a few of our CNC cut birch ply panels with our embossed detail. In total today @Thogg 's van recieved 19 man hours at work and no less.

I forgot the pictures of the sound test were to blurry to be of any use but we measured an average noise level of 86Db at 60mph over a mile

Nice write up, you could do a blog on that. Not sure I'd want to be in the van long with all the isopropyl in there, I find it bad enough in the open. Did you put any ply on the panels under the lining you used?

not 100% sure what you mean?
The photo showing the inside of the van with the silent coat in place was it ply lined after before the carpet went on. My friend at work ply lined the areas then carpeted it so there were no recesses but he is a bit anal on things like that.

The photo showing the inside of the van with the silent coat in place was it ply lined after before the carpet went on. My friend at work ply lined the areas then carpeted it so there were no recesses but he is a bit anal on things like that.
I think that carpet is just for the bare metalwork. They cut all their own ply panels to fit.. so in short.. it's not carpeted over the silent coat just the metal

Do you spray the interior metal work with glue also?

Any more close up pictures of the interior masking, particularly around the doors?

Do you spray the interior metal work with glue also?

Any more close up pictures of the interior masking, particularly around the doors?

We do spray all the interior of the vans metalwork with glue hence the need to mask off so thoroughly

We would never ply line then carpet over everything :eek::eek::eek::eek:
We go to great lengths to make sure all our fixings are hidden but that our panels are removable to allow future access to the panel cavitys in case you need more cables running or dents knocking out :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are currently working on a way to offer 3.6mm hpl pressed birch ply panels as an option in our lining package. We think we have cracked a way of fixing them in with no visible fixings whilst still being 100% removable. This would mean we can offer litterally hundreds of colours and patterns from our standard hpl range and tens of thousands from formica, ARPA etc etc

Back