@Thoggs lining as it happens

currently my pay is peanuts! not even chocolate covered peanuts! Just plain unsalted peanuts.

Cheers @Markey we have them so that for when they come to the shows in the summer.

Right here are a few pics from @Pipe&Slippers van which is currently being worked on in our workshop.

20170214_203447_zpsv1pfdv8t.jpg

This is his pod all ready to install.

20170220_095643_zps9izsjwul.jpg

Upgraded front door speakers with 2mm silent coat on the inner door card.

20170220_095119_zpsk2g3zyr1.jpg

Just a bit of proof that we go to the trouble of stripping out the inner door card in order to apply 4mm silent coat direct to the outer skin of the front door.

It has been a busy week in the Slidepods workshop this week with @Pipe&Slippers 's van in and a load of pods to build for customers. but I have had an interesting phone conversation with the U.K importers of silent coat on the phone :). They have been following this thread since it started and have suggested they come out to soundproof a van with us in order to build a specific "Slidepods" spec soundproofing + insulating kit for the VW T6 SWB, LWB vans with absolutely everything you need to do the job (including tools). We will then write a detailed "how to" with easy to follow step by step instructions to help you achieve the very best finish possible and make the job run smoothly :thumbsup:.

I intend to follow this up with a package of CNC cut birch ply panels including a custom embossed detail (sadly not with the split style rear quaters we use) including hidden trim fixings and a set of single face 3.6mm birch ply HPL panels in what ever colour you fancy (these look awesome in Kombi's that are not being carpeted).

And of course a carpet and glue kit with a full how to guide included :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It will probably take a while to bring all this together and get it right but if your interested in it let us know :thumbsup:

Hopefully we will be able to help you to achieve a finish like this at home

@slidepods thought you might like this little bit of news....
Just spoken to the Service manager at Carrs Vw in Indian Queens, Cornwall. I quote "our master technician has just been admiring the carpet lining in your van.. he says it's hands down the best lineout he's seen on any van he's worked on"
Happy Friday. Now you'd best crack on with @Pipe&Slippers van!

@Thogg can you clarify the position in U.K law on child labour for me? Am i right in thinking its okay to employ children under 4 as long as you pay them in raisens?

20170221_115121_zpsrsuru2yh.jpg
20170221_115007_zps4bethzdm.jpg

I just realised to comply with H&S you need to provide some toetectors, I don't think drove pass the drop test plus he needs a constant supply of juice or milk to quench his thirst because of all the hard work

@slidepods thought you might like this little bit of news....
Just spoken to the Service manager at Carrs Vw in Indian Queens, Cornwall. I quote "our master technician has just been admiring the carpet lining in your van.. he says it's hands down the best lineout he's seen on any van he's worked on"
Happy Friday. Now you'd best crack on with @Pipe&Slippers van!

Thanks for letting us know this @Thogg it really does mean a lot to us to know that the work we do is appreciated by people that obviously see loads and loads of lining jobs. We are continuously pushing to develop new ideas and improve the services we offer, it's what keeps it interesting for us and why we stay so passionate about what we do every day we turn the key to open the workshop's.:thumbsup:

Right then... speaker update...
I originally said that the speakers/head unit were found a little ... wanting at the top top end. That problem has been solved.
Turns out there is a setting called "volume" on the head unit. If you scroll to the bottom of this there are two sub headings.. Aux and Bluetooth. By default these are set to medium. I have put these on loud and all of a sudden the speakers have come to life. To the point that I've sacked off the idea of an Amp and I've spent that money on waterproof seat covers!!
I think that the next level requires subs and amps and a new head unit. I had a preview of the next @slidepods plans today. It's gonna be a serious setup!!!
For now though.. I'm really happy with the sound I've got. A bit of old school Dire Straits "money for nothing" makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when it's cranked up... and that's good enough for me.

Hmmm good to hear mate.. (Sorry for the pun), I'll give it a go on mine, before I have a curry that is.. :uh run:

Well Thogg is definitely now showing his age, Dire Straits and waterproof seat covers! Slidepods are building a special unit to house his pee-bag:rofl:, and a stair lift to get him into his seat:rolleyes:.
I'm like a good wine... maturing nicely...

Back