@Thoggs lining as it happens

I havent set a price for the kit as the brackets are still in the prototyping stage so i will have to sit down and work out the development cost and materials required etc to set a sensible price. It will be quite a bit more than the CAK version as the tank and brackets alone cost me more than their whole kit.

@slidepods If you manage to sort it out and get a price in the next month or so keep me in mind. Hopefully you have it ready when I need to buy it. Cheers

@slidepods If you manage to sort it out and get a price in the next month or so keep me in mind. Hopefully you have it ready when I need to buy it. Cheers

the first 5 sets will be ready next week. I have a set spare and can provide filler cap, hose, tank, stainless rivnuts, brackets, non return valve, 12mm pipe, hose clips but wont have had chance to write up a "how to" guide if it helps? to be fair if you can install an M8 rivnut you wont need one :thumbsup:

Couple more shots from the new teign conversion. Pretty much just the fridge to install. We have put RGB LED's into the cabinatry. Not my taste if I'm honest but if its what the customer wants :thumbsup:. For these we have used quality LED's, Remote and driver from Hafele and mounted them in a recesed aluminium profile with a frosted cover.
20170428_154527_zpsoidswhot.jpg 20170428_154548_zpsg3yqx58g.jpg

Well we displayed this van at Vanwest this weekend. Anybody get a chance to have a good look at it?

Yep, had a real good chat with Jonny, providing clarity on the way forward for the inside of my van.
The quality of the van was to the high standard now expected of the Slidepods Company.
I am coming around to the idea that a pod might actually work for us in conjunction with an awning.....coincidentally/conveniently Kyham were next door with a good range of awnings.
Vanwest was our first dedicated show and we really both enjoyed it.....and after my wife left, I snuck back in and bought some stuff-
Ps Dynamat stuff is ultra sticky and is a sod to get off the dog!!!!

It may well be but it is being collected by it (very lucky) owner on monday.

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT :D

I have been harping on about our HPL lining package for a while now in this thread so I thought it was only appropriate that this should be the first place we uploaded images of it for everyone to have a look the more eagle eyed of you will spot these are also the first images anywhere of the LWB Kombi Slidepod :thumbsup:. This customer approached us with a lovely T6 LWB Highline panel van that had been converted to a kombi by another conversion company (I must praise their works converting the van as it had been done very well). The owner of this fantastic vehicle wanted a vehicle that could be used for work and play (don't we all!) but in this instance the van really is going to be used as a workhorse. So he specced an AT Cooper tyre to give the van more traction not only in wet campsites but out on work sites. Along with the hard wearing seat covers and genuine Kombi floor mat this beast of a van will be able to take a battering in the week before having a wipe down to go camping at the weekend. We then set about installing our comprehensive leisure electrics system, an SCA 192 (I think) comfort, safari roof, Reimo rail, and our new LWB Kombi Slidepod (with stone effect top). To top it off we soundproofed, insulated and carpet lined the van then installed stainless rivnuts into each and every panel fixing hole which enabled us to fix (using stainless hardwear) 4mm birch ply panels which have been pressed with the exact same HPL as the Slidepod was manufactured in and CNC cut for an exact fit. This gives the van interior a high quality and extremely hard wearing interior finish. I have had the pleasure of driving this vehicle both on and off road and I was surprised just how quiet the tyres were and how much grip they provided in the "field". I really feel this is the perfect balance of work and play, with the ability to easily remove the Slidepod and extra seats during the week and then re-fit at the weekend. It also gives the option of a full length bed without the rear seats installed while working away and the last part of the bed can be fitted to the front legs of the bed to create a load divider when necessary. I think I know what my next work vehicle is going to look like in 2018!!! :whistle:
IMG_0632_zpsrlija9xv.jpg IMG_0641_zps7owecvua.jpg IMG_0649_zpsdhfi2fvp.jpg IMG_0657_zpsdmvz2o9s.jpg IMG_0659_zpsow6equr5.jpg

I love the pair of trainers beside the door "take your shoes off before you come in"

Back