@Thoggs lining as it happens

My lining job is going well and the rear soundproofing has really quietened down external noise.

What I have noticed more now is the sound of the engine and noise from front wheels/suspension. Do you have any tips for soundproofing the front?

My lining job is going well and the rear soundproofing has really quietened down external noise.

What I have noticed more now is the sound of the engine and noise from front wheels/suspension. Do you have any tips for soundproofing the front?

Remove seats (13mm socket), Remove handbrake 10mm extend socket for cable + 13mm socket with extension for bracket, remove seat bases 17mm extended socket (or is it 19??) plus extension bar, remove floor mat completely (in the workshop we generally remove B pillars and lower dash at the same time) clean thoroughly, get busy with the silent coat!

Remove seats (13mm socket), Remove handbrake 10mm extend socket for cable + 13mm socket with extension for bracket, remove seat bases 17mm extended socket (or is it 19??) plus extension bar, remove floor mat completely (in the workshop we generally remove B pillars and lower dash at the same time) clean thoroughly, get busy with the silent coat!

Cheers,

I need to run some cables under there too so I'll do it all at once next weekend. I'm on a course all week so have to take a break unfortunately, but I've booked a week off afterwards to try get it finished.

My cab is carpeted so hope that doesn't make things more difficult. I'm debating where to put my power amp. Leisure battery is going to under the driver seat along with Inverter, there maybe room for the JL amp and it'll keep power cables short. Sub is going under passenger seat.

I'm really glad that this thread has proved so interesting to everyone and I intend to keep it going with updates of what is going on in our workshop so forum members have the chance to see what we are doing to their vans day to day and so others can see us innovating and pushing what we do on a day to day basis. Later on in February we have a LWB T32 kombi (T5) in for the second "Teign" conversion we have ever done. This is a design of conversion that is totally 100% unique to Slidepods, last time we did it it was done by tracing bearing guided router cutters round dense templates. This time we will be cutting the lightweight ply using the CNC machine. Some of you will have seen our first Teign conversion at many of the shows last year, if you didn't then this will be a space well worth watching! :thumbsup:

Hey Slidepods, Love this thread as just getting stuff ready for my own, would you suggest using plywood rather than the panels that come with the van (I thought a rough sanding may be enough to make it work but someone told me not to bother.) Thanks for all your tips and advice.

Great work @slidepods just looking around at the moment for getting mine done, it's good to see company's that are really passionate about what they do and have pride in the end result!
Bet you're pleased with that @Thogg Btw tell us about your air freshener...lol.

Thanks @Mojo if you would like a quote from us just drop Tracey an email on info@slidepods.co.uk outlining what you are after and she will get one to you post haste :thumbsup:.
I'm not sure it was just an air freshener in @Thogg 's van................ more of an "industrial, overpowering tropical aroma dispersing device". My wife still says I smell like coconuts!

Hi @Garethwatford you can get a perm live off the courtesy circuit which is what many tend to do. However at Slidepods we run a whole new fused circuit direct from the battery for any extra electrics we install with a battery guard so you can't leave your lights (or any other appliances) switched on and flatten you engine battery.

Thanks @Mojo if you would like a quote from us just drop Tracey an email on info@slidepods.co.uk outlining what you are after and she will get one to you post haste :thumbsup:.
I'm not sure it was just an air freshener in @Thogg 's van................ more of an "industrial, overpowering tropical aroma dispersing device". My wife still says I smell like coconuts!
I like tropical aroma!!!!

O.k. thanks, it's almost the same job give or take a few things...

Well, the time has finally arrived! My Kombi goes into Slidepods tomorrow, for full soundproofing and lining job, curtains, front and rear speaker upgrade (Blam RS / RX Components powered by Blam 4x80 watt Amp) some leisure electrics work, a Kombi Slidepod with most of the options, plus a Webasto 41 Litre Travel Box. To say, I'm excited, doesn't even come close! :thumbsup:

Well, the time has finally arrived! My Kombi goes into Slidepods tomorrow, for full soundproofing and lining job, curtains, front and rear speaker upgrade (Blam RS / RX Components powered by Blam 4x80 watt Amp) some leisure electrics work, a Kombi Slidepod with most of the options, plus a Webasto 41 Litre Travel Box. To say, I'm excited, doesn't even come close! :thumbsup:

Would love to see a thread on this as the work happens. My wife and I spent a very enjoyable and informative few hours with Jonny and his team at Slidepods this week. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the quality and thoroughness of the work.

I will see what I can do @YellowHound but not making any promises as between them Mike and Brett have 3 days holiday booked this week and we have about a million pods to build :eek:.

Okay here are a few pictures i have taken over the last week at the slidepods workshops while we havent been doing any lining.....

20170213_155622_zps3wliricz.jpg

Taking swarf seriously... or someone is in for a great birthday.... you decide.

20170217_091925_zpslrtlqmqr.jpg
20170220_141704_zps2zxdymvw.jpg
Couple of good looking 2 tone pods.

IMG-20170217-WA0000_zpszjpeqneu.jpg

Great example of customer modding! I love this martini racing themed pod!

Do you grind that big hole, jigsaw or nibble it. Certanly need a good eye to keep it straight and in tollerence

Jigsaw and yes it does take a good eye especially when measuring up and marking out.

Back