Thinkware dash cam Q800 pro - hard wiring help

Thanks Andy. I was thinking switched live off ignition so when driving it would use starter battery and permanent live off leisure battery for when parked.
My apologies, my permanent live (yellow) is off the leisure battery and switch (red) is off the ignition.

Same camera as mine. It needs two feeds, one permanent live and one switched IGN live. I would suggest you use two piggy back leads like the red one in your last picture to get the feeds from the fuse box. Below is a picture showing where mine connect, centre row is switched from memory, Right hand row is permanent.

That blue lead on your fuse panel looks like it has a two prong connector on the end of it so it is effectively shorting across the fuse panel. I’d recommend changing that for a piggy back lead.

The red one is facing the wrong way (unless the photo is upside down). The tail needs to go to the LHS os the fuses are connected correctly.

Hope this helpsView attachment 77261
Hey! Just saw this post several years later :) could you help me understand why the wire fail needs to be heading to the LHS? Why does that impact the fuse? Mine is wired like OP but would like to correct it if needed. Thanks!

Hey! Just saw this post several years later :) could you help me understand why the wire fail needs to be heading to the LHS? Why does that impact the fuse? Mine is wired like OP but would like to correct it if needed. Thanks!
A piggy back connector will work both ways round but fitted correctly the two circuits are fused independently. If plugged in backwards, although it will work, the accessory circuit is fed via BOTH fuses. With accessory and original circuit both drawing power it is possible to overload the fuse for the original circuit causing it to blow. With a dashcam this is perhaps unlikely as it doesn’t draw a huge amount but even so it is worth fitting correctly.

Easiest way to check it is fitted correctly is to remove the fuse for the main (original) circuit leaving the accessory fuse in place. If the accessory feed is live, then the piggy back is fitted correctly. If not, turn it around and it should then work.

Rudimentary diagram below:
IMG_0132.jpegIMG_0132.jpeg

A piggy back connector will work both ways round but fitted correctly the two circuits are fused independently. If plugged in backwards, although it will work, the accessory circuit is fed via BOTH fuses. With accessory and original circuit both drawing power it is possible to overload the fuse for the original circuit causing it to blow. With a dashcam this is perhaps unlikely as it doesn’t draw a huge amount but even so it is worth fitting correctly.

Easiest way to check it is fitted correctly is to remove the fuse for the main (original) circuit leaving the accessory fuse in place. If the accessory feed is live, then the piggy back is fitted correctly. If not, turn it around and it should then work.

Rudimentary diagram below:
View attachment 221560View attachment 221560
Thank you so much!! This is super helpful!

Back