Android device - fuse question

Barnstorm

Hi all

I’m still working on my T6 conversion and making good progress. Before I finalise all my internal panels, I want to fit a reversing camera.

I’ve searched through the many posts on this topic and haven’t quite found what I need.

I’ve bought an Android 10 powered gadget from China that provides dashcam/reversing cam/Android auto/Apple carplay/wifi hotspot/GPS/ADAS etc. It comes with a hardwire kit that has two fuse-type connectors to connect up at the fuse box.

One is marked ACC (power when van is turned on and running) and another marked BATT (on all the time). I’m trying to work out which fuses to tap into.

The hardwire kit is exactly like this one on eBay Universal HardWire Fuse Box Car Dash Cam Hard Wire Kit 12V-24V to Cam Camera- | eBay

With advice from this forum, I already piggybacked onto one of the centre-row fuses to provide a signal to my Renogy DC-DC charger.

I’m also wondering if I should snip off the non-replaceable fuses and just connect it to the fused piggyback connector for ease of replacement.

Any help or advice on which fuses to tap into would be much appreciated.

If I can get this working, it should be great.

Many thanks

On a T6 anything in the middle row will give you ACC and anything else will be BATT

Just a note too, the wire on the piggyback fuse should be exiting on the LHS for your new circuit to be correctly fused :)

Thanks, Deaky. I'll have a play. I was just wary of messing with any critical things.

I'm also wondering about fitting a three position switch to the ACC connector of the hardwire kit. Normally, this thing would only operate when the van is on or running, but there are some functions, like the wifi hotspot (you can put a SIM in) that I might want to access when parked up. So, I was thinking about a switch that selected live from the leisure battery or live from the ACC circuit, or neither. Does that sound crazy?

Cheers

Back