Things That Niggle You About Your T6

Not a T6 but the hole next to the rear view mirror. I do not get it at all. It doesn't even have a lip to hold anything in there. When we get our conversion, we are putting two USB points and a thermometer in the gap.

My plain steering wheel (will be replacing it with a multi-function one). Just because I had my stereo controls on my steering wheel for 10 years so this is a bit weird.

Only other thing to annoy me is just a wee niggle. My reversing sensors are a bit weird. I slide through the DSG settings from Park to Drive (which means I go through reverse). Although I am in drive, it takes about 30 - 40 seconds for the reversing screen to go off and the bloody sensors to stop beeping. I am too scared to go anywhere in case the van is confused and reverses into a wall or our house.
:unsure:

Not a T6 but the hole next to the rear view mirror. I do not get it at all. It doesn't even have a lip to hold anything in there. When we get our conversion, we are putting two USB points and a thermometer in the gap.

My plain steering wheel (will be replacing it with a multi-function one). Just because I had my stereo controls on my steering wheel for 10 years so this is a bit weird.

Only other thing to annoy me is just a wee niggle. My reversing sensors are a bit weird. I slide through the DSG settings from Park to Drive (which means I go through reverse). Although I am in drive, it takes about 30 - 40 seconds for the reversing screen to go off and the bloody sensors to stop beeping. I am too scared to go anywhere in case the van is confused and reverses into a wall or our house.
:unsure:
Just press the “P” button on the dash - hey presto, no more beeping! :thumbsup:

You must be pausing when passing through R and N to get to D. Spend too long in R and the sensors will turn on.

Also, as well as being there to turn the sensors off, the P button will also turn them on if you are going forward towards something you don't want to hit, but haven't been in reverse first.

So all in all, considering the years that vw have had to perfect this vehicle, its still riddled with little flaws. Im happy to call it character!

The useless lower dash storage area, (at the bottom of the dash below the gearstick/Dsg)
The only thing i use it for as its such a poor design is to chuck my change into it, but when i try to retrieve the money for ie, paying the car parking meter i find that it is so bloody awkward to get a handful of change out of it that i drop half of what I've grabbed on the floor!

The useless lower dash storage area, (at the bottom of the dash below the gearstick/Dsg)
The only thing i use it for as its such a poor design is to chuck my change into it, but when i try to retrieve the money for ie, paying the car parking meter i find that it is so bloody awkward to get a handful of change out of it that i drop half of what I've grabbed on the floor!
That's the door key storage, rubber matted mine so it doesn't rattle ;)

Leaking sliding windows, a design flaw they haven’t addressed in over 15 years. A tailgate and sliding door that have to be slammed with such force, again a design flaw ever since the T5.

I could go on......

Back