Things That Niggle You About Your T6

On the van, the fronts become active when you engage reverse, therefore carrying out some sort of maneuver. If you want to drive straight up to an obstacle having not reversed first, press the P button to turn all the sensors on.

Exactly the same on my van, the Tiguan must be more sophisticated. I'll take note next time I'm in it.

My T6 campervan is my first van of any kind and I've got to say that my main niggle (or maybe a bit more than just a niggle) is the noise. Maybe some of the wind noise can be blamed on the pop top but the engine noise is simply down to cost cutting and not bothering to do the sound deadening properly in the factory. Oh yes, also DAB radio reception is a joke.

My T6 campervan is my first van of any kind and I've got to say that my main niggle (or maybe a bit more than just a niggle) is the noise. Maybe some of the wind noise can be blamed on the pop top but the engine noise is simply down to cost cutting and not bothering to do the sound deadening properly in the factory. Oh yes, also DAB radio reception is a joke.
Much of the wind noise in mine comes from the upright screen. Not much that can be done there really, a Transporter is as aerodynamic as a brick. The sound deadening is easily fixed thankfully.

Andy, Please tell me more about sound deadening as 'easily fixed' might be relative to an individuals fettling capabilities. Do you think it's worth doing and is it an easy (ish) DIY job, even for a mechanical numpty like me? I ask as I have read up on it a bit here on T6 forums and elsewhere but mostly see references to sound deadening / proofing the wheel arches and doors, both of which require dismantling stuff - although I'm pretty confident about getting stuff off, it's the putting it all back together bit that worries me. I'm concentrating on the cab here as I think the back end was pretty well sorted during the conversion to camper.

Also, if I was going to have the cab done commercially, does anybody have an idea of potential cost please and maybe even recommendation for who can do it in the Midlands, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire, Oxforshire region?

hi folks, im very new here and love my T6.

However the suspension is shocking, banging when going over small pot holes and wollering around like a boat.

The wing-mirrors that intermittently don't both fold up together (just one does, and then when you put them down again the one that didn't originally go up, goes up so that they're out of sync for 5 mins before it realises it needs to be down). The reversing camera which occasionally decides it's not going to work even though 'P' is switched on. The bangy suspension. The stop/start that has to be deactivated every time you start up. Shite sliding windows on the sliding doors. Other than that.......nothing really, I bloody love the thing :D

Side door jammimg
headlights poor
quality of servive from vw themselves like your money.
After care not there.

The stop/start that has to be deactivated every time you start up.

To be fair, the point of start/stop is that you don't deactivate it. You know, air quality and thinking about other people and all that.

And you can "blame" the EU for that little inconvenience, not VW.

or rather the human race for ruining our planet....
Exactly......:D we're doing such a sterling job, stop/start certainly isn't the answer.....even if VW made a system that actually worked correctly, which was my point in the first place :whistle:

The fact that I bought it 2 months too early and therefore missed out on the van that @ChrisG is selling!

Back