The now rare TSI .....is Anyone Buying These? ?

What would you go for

• TSI

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • TDI

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
I have one used as daily car for getting to work etc. Average mpg 27-28 long term on the MFD. can get 33 on a steady run. Not had any reliability issues in 16 months / 12k miles. Sure there is bargaining room in any of the VW approved van prices, de-ends how much the dealer needs to sell them.

I've always thought that diesels make for a more relaxing drive, but with DSG petrol you don't really notice any lack ot torque in normal driving. I love my 204 DSG TSI., and the acceleration in sport mode is addictive. Mines been converted to run on LPG (filled up last night - 270 miles for £33), and I've had no issues with the motor (or anything else). I'm looking forward to getting it mapped at some point, but it's just due it's first oil service now.
Remember that the petrol vans were £1K cheaper when new (which offsets the LPG conversion a bit)., but they don't make them any more.

We’ve had a 204 TSI kombi for 2 years now and haven’t regretted it for a second. It’s mostly driven with small loads but we find it absurdly fun to drive for a van, plenty powerful uphill/off the lights/overtaking and our long term mfd mpg is around 33mpg, short term ranging between 26 and 38mpg depending on road conditions and how daft we’re feeling :)

I don’t think this is a million miles away from the diesel 204 (there is really varied feedback concerning mpg) and hope that there will be fewer long term issues with dpf/adblue etc

petrol is getting a longer leash in london (where I live) right now as a lower n0x emitting option, but this won’t last forever; the TSI’s co2 is higher than tdi so as soon as that becomes a focus again for councils I expect to have my day of reckoning (probably fairly tbh)

+1 for the tsi from me

I have a TSI manual. I have done 10k in it so far.
Mines got remap and it’s the fastest van out there bar an engine swapped one. All my mates are “f#€k me this thing goes “
It’s quiet, and great to drive.
but.....and here’s the bad bit. I don’t drive like a loony, just have a little fun now and then.and do 10mph above on the motorway, but it’s does CRAP mph.
It shows 30 mpg on a run but really does 23mpg.
Basically 400 miles on full to empty.

I got it at least 7k under a diesel one so taking that into consideration that’s a lot of petrols worth.

im sticking with it cos it’s just such a laugh, really surprises other vehicles.

probably in 10 years it will be sought after as they only built them in 2017, but there are a few still about.

if u need a good mpg work horse it’s not for you but if you fancy the fastest van money can buy go for it.

If they were still an option, would you? Mine is coming upto 2 years old and just wondered what it was worth - WBAC quoted 14k. I won’t be changing even if the T6.1 was available as TSI
Seems to be not many available on the used market - are people that got them keeping hold of them?

IMO Tsi petrol engines are great for shorter journeys..warm up quicker than Diesel engines and one of the reasons VW are holding back is the newer emissions rule are getting tighter and it’s becoming harder to get clean petrol the diesel only just makes in hence the drop in power on the new TDI’s
But as you have seen values for petrol engines drop off slightly quicker.....as the saying goes if it ain’t broke way fix it (plus just lately petrol is getting cheaper) :):)

Think my next step will be electric in 5+ years.
Mine’s just 2yrs ( but diesel) and my way of thinking is as yours ....electric ...but 10+ yrs as long as pockets and income support it
But then again if I don’t tell the wife ....” it was a special offer darling”.......honest;);););)

One year and 13,000 miles I’m still enjoying TSi ownership.
Can’t imagine changing to anything other than electric or hybrid, even then not for a good long while yet.

I was hoping to order a T6.1 California as a TSi so I might give it 12m and see if it returns.

Reactions: mmi
I was hoping to order a T6.1 California as a TSi so I might give it 12m and see if it returns.
As good as they are I doubt it as VW said one of the main reasons they got rid of them is that it’s accounted for <1% of sales

It screwed up their CO fleet average, can’t see it ever coming back, though maybe a PHEV one day?

Not planning on getting rid of mine (nearly 2 years old & 21k miles) and in fact I am currently trying to book it into Pendle HQ for a slight improvement. However, if they offered a T6.1 TSI 4-motion, then I could be tempted.

I didn’t know they existed until I bought my 204 and I love it. Have had a diesel for the last week as a courtesy van and I missed mine.... so yes, if they brought it back I would continue the TSI route. Suits us as a family vehicle. (I did hear a rumour whilst discussing TSI’s with VW recently)

I've had my Petrol Kombi for 2 years now and looking to sell it as I need to go back to a panel van (work bla bla). I wondered what sort of price was reasonable. Given it's limited edition now! It's a lovely highline in metallic blue, barn doors, bulkhead, 12000 miles. Thanks!

Any one know why all the VW TSI have suddenly sold.
I have one but had a look on eBay there are none for sale and only a couple of basic ones on autotrader??

there were loads for sale a couple of months back what’s gone on??

Only one left on VW site too. Obviously becoming a collectors item! Or I hope they are in 3/4 years when I sell mine

They stopped making them and were made in limited numbers, there was 12 for sale this timenlast year which as slowly reduced to about 1 or 2 for sale per mo th now

Any one know why all the VW TSI have suddenly sold.
I have one but had a look on eBay there are none for sale and only a couple of basic ones on autotrader??

there were loads for sale a couple of months back what’s gone on??
There has been a 150% -200% increase in sales of campervans and the sales of decent base and has gone through the roof. I guess they represent good value and have been snapped up by converters and DIY'ers.

Back