The Express - when will caravan sites re-open ?

What site was that?
all of west dorset leisure holidays sites

Below from their site

05 Jun 2020

We are now taking new bookings from Thursday 16th July.

The Government’s advice means we expect to be open in Phase 3 and are able to take the following bookings:

• Lodges
  • Caravans
  • Apartments
  • Bungalows
  • Touring Caravans, Motor-homes & Camper-vans (with private on-board bathroom facilities)
  • Jurassic Escape Pods
Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to take new bookings in the following categories:

• Camping
  • Touring vehicles (without private on-board bathroom facilities)
  • Other Glamping (Premier Camping Pods, Classic Camping Pods, Safari Tents, Bell Tent)

Not either C&CC or C&MC then. These guys seem to be suggesting that the facilities would be open in some capacity which may have given me false hope!

At the start of this week I was able to make provisional bookings for 2 sites for week commencing 4 July, which appears to be the earliest date sites may be allowed to open.

Both sites require us to have our own facilities, neither wanted deposits at this point until more info is available as to whether or not they will actually be allowed to be open on that date.

Other sites I contacted were fully booked and advise that their phones are red hot this week with enquiries

C&CC say 4 July as their optimistic estimate for when they can open and not August as you have written (not sure whether that’s an error on your part or whether the article has been updated). Panicked me a bit as we have just booked 7 of their sites from 18th July onwards after abandoning the french tour that was plan A.

Would be funnny ( :mad: ) if the french resorts are all opened as indicated by the news yesterday that the EU will have a summer tourist season and the UK isn’t now we have made the change to a UK based (actually England based to cover ourselves) holiday!

I booked all C&CC sites though as they are offering fully flexibility if things don’t go to plan. And let’s be honest, nothing has gone to the government plan so far!
Ironically, I’ve just had to write a letter for a German who works for me as the camp site in France he booked into will be open and so won’t give him his money back without justification from his employer

I had a call from one of the C&CC sites I’ve booked for the end of July, they have been told by the club that they will not be opening this summer. I asked why (apart from the obvious) and he said a decision from above probably based on that they are only open to sept anyway so wouldn’t be worth opening.

He also said that the club has now decided which sites will open (assuming its allowed by the government), which site will open without facilities and which sites will not open at all. He said they will probably go public with the list at some point this week.

I had a call from one of the C&CC sites I’ve booked for the end of July, they have been told by the club that they will not be opening this summer. I asked why (apart from the obvious) and he said a decision from above probably based on that they are only open to sept anyway so wouldn’t be worth opening.

He also said that the club has now decided which sites will open (assuming its allowed by the government), which site will open without facilities and which sites will not open at all. He said they will probably go public with the list at some point this week.
they do have a list of sites which are not going to open this year

If you mean thlist from the FAQs, I was booked on Veryan which is not on this list and they accepted my booking on 9th May.

The following Club Sites will not open during the 2020 season:

- Boroughbridge
- Haltwhistle
- Inverewe
- Jedburgh
- Lauder
- Llanystumdwy
- Minehead
- Oban
- Oldbury Hill
- Slindon
- Speyside
- St Davids

If you mean thlist from the FAQs, I was booked on Veryan which is not on this list and they accepted my booking on 9th May.

The following Club Sites will not open during the 2020 season:

- Boroughbridge
- Haltwhistle
- Inverewe
- Jedburgh
- Lauder
- Llanystumdwy
- Minehead
- Oban
- Oldbury Hill
- Slindon
- Speyside
- St Davids
there was also at the beginning of lockdown other sites listed not to open this year veryan was one and sennen i found out as we booked to go to both

Where is that list then? Where is the best place to find updated information from them?

I’m finding it easier to find information from the other clubs even though I’m a C&CC club member!

Also if that was the case why did they accept my booking in May and say today that they have only just been informed of the decision.

Where is that list then? Where is the best place to find updated information from them?

I’m finding it easier to find information from the other clubs even though I’m a C&CC club member!

Also if that was the case why did they accept my booking in May and say today that they have only just been informed of the decision.
the original list disappeared i think their just making it up as it happens their corona latest is dated 13th may that other site i mentioned is now taking bookings from the 4th july dependent on government guide lines so could end up all those holidays get cancelled better off waiting until the next big up date 4th july

My sister-in-law manages Trewan Hall campsite in Cornwall and they’re gearing up for a July 3rd opening. They are however unaware of what facilities will be open!

There’s an update on the C&MC website with more detail. Lots of sites opening on 4th July in England, but some closed for rest of the year.

edited - looks like most facilities will be open . All info on C&MC home page.

Pete

Last edited:
Just got this from C&CC

Open without facility blocks
The campsites below will be open in 2020 without toilet and shower blocks. If you do choose to stay on one of these Club Sites, you will need to bring your own sanitation. Separate toilet tents can be used on your allocated pitch to accommodate your own chemical toilet. The reception, play areas, laundry facilities and other communal areas on the site will remain closed to help facilitate social distancing.

Bakewell, Derbyshire
Bala, Snowdonia
Barnard Castle, County Durham
Beadnell Bay, Northumberland
Bellingham, Northumberland
Cannock Chase, Staffordshire
Cardigan Bay, Ceredidion
Cheddar, Somerset
Chichester, Sussex
Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire
Clent Hills, Midlands
Clitheroe, Lancashire
Conkers, Derbyshire
Corfe Castle, Dorset
Crowborough, Sussex
Delamont Country Park, Northern Ireland
Ebury Hill, Shropshire
Graffham, Sussex
Hayfield, Derbyshire
Hereford, Herefordshire
Kendal, Lake District
Kessingland, Suffolk
Loch Ness Shores, Inverness
Oxford, Oxfordshire
Polstead, Suffolk
Ravenglass, Lake District
Rhandirmwyn, Carmarthenshire
Rosemarkie, Highlands
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Sandringham, Norfolk
Skye, Isle of Skye
Tarland, Aberdeenshire
Tavistock, Devon
Teversal, Nottinghamshire
Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire

Regretfully we’ve had to make the decision to keep the following Club Sites closed for the 2020 season. These campsites will re-open in 2021.

• Adgestone

• Boroughbridge

• Bude

• California Cross

• Crowden

• Folkestone

• Glencoe

• Haltwhistle

• Inverewe Gardens

• Jedburgh

• Kelvedon Hatch

• Lauder

• Leek

• Llanystumdwy

• Lynton

• Minehead

• Nairn

• Norwich

• Oban

• Oldbury

• Sheriff Hutton

• Slindon

• Speyside

• St Davids

• Umberleigh

• Veryan

Got to say I'm shocked at this news. Wasn't expecting them to completely close a large number of sites. Booked 4 club sites and just the one will have no facilities so hoping to extend our stay at another site.

C&MC saying some sites closed until 2021 due to inability to train staff, vulnerable staff, on land owned by others etc

Plenty open though.

Pete

Also looks like the certified C&CC sites might be the safer option, I guess as they are smaller they can deal with the facilities issue better. I was thinking it would be the other way round!

Three of the sites I’ve booked will not have facilities including our 6 night stay at Bernard castle, we can get by for a few nights without facilities but not the 6 nights. Also seems like I’m now at a disadvantage as I cannot book another site through the website and have to wait for them to get round to sorting out my booking. By that time there will probably be no pitches left anywhere with facilities! :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back