The Express - when will caravan sites re-open ?

View attachment 71610

View attachment 71612

Arrived today. Mountain Warehouse, seems to be decent quality, more than the cheap Chinese ones but only 35 delivered. We have a loo, this will be for a shower if we need it.

Edit : wife found an aussie video on YouTube, how to fold, dead easy!

Does this have a detachable groundsheet for showering? After a toilet/utility tent myself and struggling to find a decent one for showering too.

Does this have a detachable groundsheet for showering? After a toilet/utility tent myself and struggling to find a decent one for showering too.
No groundsheet in this one.

We bought a hi gear toilet tent last summer but now tempted to buy this utility tent as it will fit the toilet and a shower in.

3C55E1DC-4D85-4BBC-8110-6FD3AC81B17E.png3C55E1DC-4D85-4BBC-8110-6FD3AC81B17E.png

The morning dew on the small toilet tents can be a right pita, hence us getting something a little bigger to stop touching the sides :)

Similar to the Khyam Privy Bivvy we have......but on a sunny day can be tricky with a shadow show if the fabric is light coloured!

Looking at the solutions I now have for loo and shower and the other options I have seen available here I hope to god the toilet blocks are going to open! If not I think my wife will be breaking in

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Looking at the solutions I now have for loo and shower and the other options I have seen available here I hope to god the toilet blocks are going to open! If not I think my wife will be breaking in

I would think they'd have to be open for them to be able to open the site. Unless they only take bookings for big motorhomes, etc, with their own facilities.

It's then up to you whether you want to use them or your own.

Was an interview on youtube the other day with the head of the c&mc who said toliet/showers will be open but limited by numbers or something like that. Can't remember what channel it was on??

I would uggest that the two (?) main clubs (ie. CCC /CMC) really need to think about it carefully or they will be potentially alienating (and could well lose) a fair few current members if they don't do something about the facilities. Speaking my wife (and I and depending on the time of year), we would put up with a couple or three days without full facilities but that's about it. In terms of showers in particular, I don't actually mind the odd cold one (indeed, I always finish a hot shower with a burst of cold anyway) but my Mrs insists on hot water and lots of it (being a Reynauds sufferer doesn't help).
PS. Just caught up with the last posts!

Just booked a C&MC site (we are members) for the 6th July for 2 nights - here's hoping !

Pete

I would think they'd have to be open for them to be able to open the site. Unless they only take bookings for big motorhomes, etc, with their own facilities.

It's then up to you whether you want to use them or your own.
just been on a site to see if there's any info about them opening and they reckon their now taking bookings for the 16th July onward BUT no facilities will be open and their only accepting bookings for units with on-board facilitates NO toilet or shower tents allowed

just been on a site to see if there's any info about them opening and they reckon their now taking bookings for the 16th July onward BUT no facilities will be open and their only accepting bookings for units with on-board facilitates NO toilet or shower tents allowed
What site was that?

Back