The Express - when will caravan sites re-open ?

Also looks like the certified C&CC sites might be the safer option, I guess as they are smaller they can deal with the facilities issue better. I was thinking it would be the other way round!

Three of the sites I’ve booked will not have facilities including our 6 night stay at Bernard castle, we can get by for a few nights without facilities but not the 6 nights. Also seems like I’m now at a disadvantage as I cannot book another site through the website and have to wait for them to get round to sorting out my booking. By that time there will probably be no pitches left anywhere with facilities! :mad:
none of the sites are guaranteed open on the 4th july

CGT - If you get to Bernard Castle you might bump into Dominic Cummings who apparently likes to take long drives in that area to check that his eyesight is good enough for him to do a long drive! If you do see him, please say hello from me (and then kick him in the nuts).

CGT - If you get to Bernard Castle you might bump into Dominic Cummings who apparently likes to take long drives in that area to check that his eyesight is good enough for him to do a long drive! If you do see him, please say hello from me (and then kick him in the nuts).
Shame, we won’t be going there as I would relish the opportunity to share my thoughts on driving while impaired amongst other things ;)

Where are you going to?

I booked Teversal (never been to the area) for July; it came up on the CCC 'no facilities' list, fortunately we have an onboard loo. It's just a weekend so we can manage without a shower (although we have a back-up for longer trips).

Yeah, we had booked there but swapped to Ashbourne. We had booked Bernard castle (cue eyesight jokes :) ) but swapped to Windermere, we booked veryan but extended stay at tregurrian, we booked Tavistock but swapped to Slapton sands. All changed as they didn’t have facilities apart from veryan which was fully closed. We we’re lucky really that we could change them. Also booked winchcombe and Cromer and postern hill too. So a good tour round!

Reactions: CAB
If the sites open, I'm not going anywhere if I can't walk down to the pub for a meal and a pint or three.
That's my away day so to speak, me a swmbo need full facilities unless it's just a one-nighter and that's a rare if never occasion.
We have York booked for September when the food and drink festival takes place but I can't see that happening this year.
We also wanted to go to North Yorkshire around now as we love to walk from North Stack to Bempton RSPB nature reserve to see the Puffins, Gannets, etc and that's a great disappointment for us.

You should be able to walk to the pub, they open on the 4th July so long as they’ve implemented a few changes for Covid compliance.

You should be able to walk to the pub, they open on the 4th July so long as they’ve implemented a few changes for Covid compliance.

Not one of Boris,s best moves in my opinion
How can pubs be as safe as an open air space which opens hopefully on the same date
There,s also rumours of the social distancing being reduced to make it easier for pubs and restaurants

If Boris can just leave everything alone until 18th July when I go on holiday that will be fine then he can fully open pubs, get rid of social distancing and whatever!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
So touch wood sites will open
It says on the caravan motorhome club site there hoping to open toilets but limited availability and ask people with on board facilities to use them were possible to help out with waiting times etc

Back