The Express - when will caravan sites re-open ?

Was just looking threw the thread of what people have previously written on the topic
You know there’s some sh@t in there :whistle:

DSC_1033.JPG

DSC_1032.JPG

Arrived today. Mountain Warehouse, seems to be decent quality, more than the cheap Chinese ones but only 35 delivered. We have a loo, this will be for a shower if we need it.

Edit : wife found an aussie video on YouTube, how to fold, dead easy!

There happy for us to buy a new caravan or motor home
But you Carnt go anywhere in it
Bet there still wanting the taxes of the sale

76C0ABA2-FF9E-4505-B015-30D0C84BD89F.png

Last edited:
There happy for us to buy a new caravan or motor home
But you Carnt go anywhere in it
Bet there still wanting the taxes of the sale

View attachment 72037

View attachment 72036
It’s a good first step to getting the sites open again though! I missed the announcement yesterday but the wife said they have moved the risk level up and not down which is concerning!!!

(better find a charger quick! Looks like you are running low on juice :))

View attachment 71610

View attachment 71612

Arrived today. Mountain Warehouse, seems to be decent quality, more than the cheap Chinese ones but only 35 delivered. We have a loo, this will be for a shower if we need it.

Edit : wife found an aussie video on YouTube, how to fold, dead easy!

Couldn't get on with the pop-up-&-struggle-to-fold-up-again type, so ended up with the Khyam Privy Bivvy which, so far, has worked well for us. It has sewn in poles which make it very quick to pitch...just hold the top and it drops down, then quick and easy to fold up again.privy bivvy.jpgprivy bivvy.jpg

Should have been starting our first week-long trip this weekend :confused:

Were going to go coast to coast, St Bees' Head to Robin Hood's Bay, looks like a cracking week we're missing.

Wife is a nurse educator in a small team, full on fit-testing and PPE assessments. No chance of a week off in July or August now, so planning lots of weekends.

Couldn't get on with the pop-up-&-struggle-to-fold-up-again type, so ended up with the Khyam Privy Bivvy which, so far, has worked well for us. It has sewn in poles which make it very quick to pitch...just hold the top and it drops down, then quick and easy to fold up again.View attachment 72044View attachment 72044
I‘ve had one of these for a couple of years as a shower tent.
The vent in the top is big enough to take the shower head and On / Off switch.
I cut the flappy skirt bit off the bottom as it does nothing other than get muddy.
I don‘t use the ropes as have made an extra 4 poles which brace across the bottom of the 4 standard upright poles, I found that there are many places I’ve wanted a shower without the luxury of soft ground that will take a tent peg.
The addition of some 4” ‘legs‘ through the plastic eyes that are designed for tent pegs keeps the tent slightly off the ground and prevents it getting muddy.
If it is windy I tie a short cord to the wing mirror. Even in cold climates the tent soon warms up when the hot water is flowing.

@CAB
We’re should you have been storing at Robin Hoods Bay

Andy
@Andyf, it was C&C and C&M Club sites from West to East (Ravenglass, Hawes, Barnard Castle [just in case, can never be too careful with your eyesight :cool:], Lower Wensleydale and Slingsby), just a leisurely sight-seeing and easy walking week planned. We didn't fancy Scarborough (no kids with us); ironically, given the conversation in this thread, we didn't book the nearest other Club sites because they don't have facilities, despite us having a loo in the van. We are quite choosy (read: snobbish!) and didn't fancy any of the sites at RHB.

So, we found the Fox and Rabbit site near Dalby Forest, and booked for the last two nights (next weekend :cry: ) which looks very nice, and of course is only a stagger from the pub!

CAB.

@CAB
Looked good, I like to see we’re people book to see if there’s any we’re we fancy
So I’ll google them later and have a gander
We stayed a night at Robin Hoods Bay at Christmas, Middlewood farm
Nowt special and not cheap
Scarborough is very nice now, wasn’t that good a thew years ago but always busy even weekends in the winter months

Andy

Reactions: CAB
Back