The Express - when will caravan sites re-open ?

That article was hard work and simply boiled down to the very last bit after all the adverts; So I'll save you all the bother;
What do individual caravan sites and holiday parks say?
Away resorts: All parks are closed for the foreseeable future and no new bookings are being accepted until after July 3.

The Camping and Caravanning Club: All sites are closed for now but hopes to reopen campsites in August.

Caravan Club: The company is planning to introduce a phased reopening of its sites network during July.

Flower of May: All parks are closed.

Haven: All sites are closed until May 31.

Hoeseasons: Are not accepting bookings for holidays arriving on or before June 30.

Holidaylettings.co.uk: The company is reviewing its policy for travel after July 1.

John Fowler Holidays: All parks are shut until May 14, but it is likely this will be extended.

Lyons Holiday Parks: All parks are closed until at least May 28.

Parkdean Resorts: All parks are closed until at least mid-May.

Park Holidays: Bookings can only be made online beginning after May 14.

Woolacombe Bay Holidays Parks: All our Parks are now closed to holiday guests and the company is currently planning to reopen on June 1.

In fairness I carn,t see why you cannot open static sites
They have there own facilities, everyone can self distance
Just same as being at home
Now you can drive anywhere you want to and exercise what stops everyone from going to the coast and overcrowding coaster towns ?

Andy

You are right in saying we can go out....but perhaps people that live in tourist type areas are still very uncomfortable....if after seeing the news today and it showed Underground tube travelers not wearing masks and it’s not just the odd one or two, it makes uncomfortable viewing.....If people cant fallow simple advice When under the spotlight, how will they act when no ones watching....it’s about trust..given time people’s opinions will change ..but behaviours will have to change too

You are right in saying we can go out....but perhaps people that live in tourist type areas are still very uncomfortable....if after seeing the news today and it showed Underground tube travelers not wearing masks and it’s not just the odd one or two, it makes uncomfortable viewing.....If people cant fallow simple advice When under the spotlight, how will they act when no ones watching....it’s about trust..given time people’s opinions will change ..but behaviours will have to change too

Totally agree,
Possibly 80% of people will go out for say 30 mins in there cars to make a change from being indoors, it’s the other 20% who have no control

That article was hard work and simply boiled down to the very last bit after all the adverts; So I'll save you all the bother;
What do individual caravan sites and holiday parks say?
Away resorts: All parks are closed for the foreseeable future and no new bookings are being accepted until after July 3.

The Camping and Caravanning Club: All sites are closed for now but hopes to reopen campsites in August.

Caravan Club: The company is planning to introduce a phased reopening of its sites network during July.

Flower of May: All parks are closed.

Haven: All sites are closed until May 31.

Hoeseasons: Are not accepting bookings for holidays arriving on or before June 30.

Holidaylettings.co.uk: The company is reviewing its policy for travel after July 1.

John Fowler Holidays: All parks are shut until May 14, but it is likely this will be extended.

Lyons Holiday Parks: All parks are closed until at least May 28.

Parkdean Resorts: All parks are closed until at least mid-May.

Park Holidays: Bookings can only be made online beginning after May 14.

Woolacombe Bay Holidays Parks: All our Parks are now closed to holiday guests and the company is currently planning to reopen on June 1.
C&CC say 4 July as their optimistic estimate for when they can open and not August as you have written (not sure whether that’s an error on your part or whether the article has been updated). Panicked me a bit as we have just booked 7 of their sites from 18th July onwards after abandoning the french tour that was plan A.

Would be funnny ( :mad: ) if the french resorts are all opened as indicated by the news yesterday that the EU will have a summer tourist season and the UK isn’t now we have made the change to a UK based (actually England based to cover ourselves) holiday!

I booked all C&CC sites though as they are offering fully flexibility if things don’t go to plan. And let’s be honest, nothing has gone to the government plan so far!

I just copied and pasted the text from the article.. but as you can imagine it is a moving target.

showed Underground tube travelers not wearing masks
I thought that masks were stated as being of little or no benefit. And you can bet the majority wearing them don’t do so properly, don’t handle them properly when putting them on and taking them off, don’t store them properly and don’t launder them properly.

If you need to wear a mask you shouldn’t be out.

I thought that masks were stated as being of little or no benefit. And you can bet the majority wearing them don’t do so properly, don’t handle them properly when putting them on and taking them off, don’t store them properly and don’t launder them properly.

Just checked TfL (transport for london)

Travelling safely
When travelling, you should:

Face coverings
Everyone should wear a face covering when travelling. Find out how to make a face covering. All our front-line staff are being given face coverings and we've also asked all taxi and private hire companies to wear face coverings and ensure protective measures are in place

The point I was making is ...the rules are for all our safety ....hence the need when travelling in confined spaces ( tubes trains trams buses) ....a mask would limit the amount of spread but it’s just one measure of a hygiene practice, so If individuals don’t follow basic rules it doesn’t fill with confidence the locals in areas that we as tourists will visit. Hence a lot are saying stay away, we need to instil our trust so everyone is happy

The main point of the mask is to protect other people from the wearer rather than the other way round

A pal of mine pointed me at an article in The Mail yesterday which is really quite optimistic about the chances of us getting some quality time out in the vans this summer. One can only hope that it doesn't turn out to be the sort of ballocks that the Mail prints every other day!

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Back