The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

Glad I made it over to see you fella’s, good to see @BiTurbo , @Fish , @andythom188 , @Pauly , @Ed Webb , @Deaky ,@Mfwic , @Davenjo , then put faces to @Peatey and @Dannyb6467 .
Shame I couldn’t stay longer but was 16:30 by the time I got back to Pwllheli and daughter was just coming in off the sea. Been a bit of a rough day out there me thinks.
Got to wave at @Loz as we crossed paths on top of the mountains on my way over this morning.
@Ed Webb , don’t reckon i’ve ever had so many waves in my life as we’ve had this weekend! So many T’s on the road and 9 out of 10 are wavers.

@DaveyB I think she was waving at builder's vans that don't tend to respond. Either way we both enjoyed the weekend. Looking forward to the next gathering where ever that may be....

Was that because we did or didn't wave at you. The other half had a crisis on the way home as no one was waving back.

yes it was me and you did wave, met you just as you were coming in to Llangollen, i was on my way to Bala for a visit had a good day but had to make a dash for it in the end and didnt get to say a proper goodbye due to the down pours, really nice to put names to faces and meet like minded people.
cheers guys

Awesome weekend.. once again it was a good turnout but more welcome! Booking next year will be done, so if anyone is interested please feel free to put your name down.
Big thanks again to @Pauly for his continued support and to the 'lighting' crew that helped with the fiamma.

@Davenjo for vango guidance and top tips.

Weather was pants but spirits were high
.. it really is great to get to see the vans we all read about.. @Deaky with his crazy but great lighting disco.. @Ed Webb with his personalised conversion..

Only down side to whole weekend was that there were far to many blackberry's.
At one stage we had 5 all together... bloody mad!

Shoutout to Team Grey.. next year will up the numbers from me and @Deaky

Last edited:
Great to meet up with everyone and crack a few beers around the fire pits. Can’t beleive I only live round the corner from @BiTurbo :D Small world. Sorry we missed you @Dannyb6467 thought we’d make the most of the dry spell and feck off home. Good job we did as we currently have 7 buckets full of water from our leaky conservatory roof. The dog would have been swimming :eek:

You should be up here today, it’s positively barmy. Been about 28degC.
Went out sailing for a good hour and half and it was glorious, enough wind to make headway, but flipping hot at the same time.

Operation dry-out has begun.. :(
It’s unbelievable how quick this place has dried out today. Our awning felt like a water bed with a puddle of water between the footprint and groundsheet- when you walked on it yesterday the table and chairs all moved with the water cushion but it’s all dried out now. Speaking to Megan (owner), she has had the site 35 years and, whilst the site had been a lot wetter before and the lake a lot higher, the rain that came yesterday is the worst she can remember during a camping season. She had to borrow a bowser from a local farmer so they could dig holes and trenches around the worst parts where people had several inches of water in their tents to suck the water out.

It’s unbelievable how quick this place has dried out today. Our awning felt like a water bed with a puddle of water between the footprint and groundsheet- when you walked on it yesterday the table and chairs all moved with the water cushion but it’s all dried out now. Speaking to Megan (owner), she has had the site 35 years and, whilst the site had been a lot wetter before and the lake a lot higher, the rain that came yesterday is the worst she can remember during a camping season. She had to borrow a bowser from a local farmer so they could dig holes and trenches around the worst parts where people had several inches of water in their tents to suck the water out.
Crickey, that is bad. The boat park at the sailing academy was very similar; underwater. Dry as a bone today.
People in the sea in bikini’s. Madness. It may be 28deg air temp, but the water is still blooming cold.

Crickey, that is bad. The boat park at the sailing academy was very similar; underwater. Dry as a bone today.
People in the sea in bikini’s. Madness. It may be 28deg air temp, but the water is still blooming cold.
Amazes me how many people here let their young kids go out unsupervised and without bouyancy aids, etc.. The creek is shallow for large areas but drops off very quickly in parts.

Home now and van emptied.

Had a fabulous weekend spent with great company. Thanks to everyone who helped out @BiTurbo for the loan of your heater, @Pauly & @Loz for the tweaks to my van, @Fish for help with setting up. Good to meet @Deaky and the disco van and nice to meet @Ed Webb. Always a pleasure to see @andythom188, @DaveyB @Davenjo and nice of @Peatey & @Dannyb6467 to take the time to drop in for a visit
Night out in Bala was good fun especially with the free bus and it was a really chilled group which made for a very relaxing time. Weather was a bit of a disappointment at times but enjoyed going out on the boat with Chris.

Thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome and looking forward to our next gathering.

Title of best fire build has to go to @Pauly & Travis for building a towering inferno. It never rained after that as it was so hot it melted the clouds.

6ZHJ4I5uRVOkrXaQ2ReThA.jpg

Back