Team Indium Grey

You could have photo-shopped the Transit out of the picture!

I guess I’ll need to be nice to Ford owners soon as we’ll be sharing a platform!

It was done 2yrs ago , the van is new to me so I can’t comment on how it’s changed the vans performance.
It definitely pulls more that my other work van that is a 130 .
I am averaging 40mpg on long runs

Hope this helps

Hey everyone.

Did my first ever (own) modification to the van the other day... A new gloss black front end :)
Never done work on my van before but for some reason I thought I would give it a go seeing as I'm off work at the moment. I was originally planning to get my factory parts painted but this worked out cheaper and I finally managed to find a replacement 'dog bone' part with side scan functionality.

It was proper squeaky bum time though when it came to yanking off the entire front end on my driveway! :oops:

View attachment 132540

I guess it took me (and my Dad) about 3 or 4hrs to do - I didn't want to rush it. Probably 3 times longer than anyone else but considering I know nothing about vans I felt pretty chuffed when it was finally finished. I was considering painting some of the individual strips to match my van colour but having seen other vans online with completely black front ends I thought I would try that first. I actually really like it so for now it will stay that way. Only one broken clip which annoyingly was the last one to pop in :rolleyes:

In my opinion the gloss body work makes the front end look ten times better than factory. I would recommend it to anyone that's been thinking about doing the same. I've already had people saying how nice my van looks :)

Some photos below...

View attachment 132545

View attachment 132542

View attachment 132544

View attachment 132547
Looks great mate. Where do you get all the parts from? Am I right in saying that they look like they are from transporter HQ? They also have great videos to go with it too

Looks great mate. Where do you get all the parts from? Am I right in saying that they look like they are from transporter HQ? They also have great videos to go with it too
Looks sick. Are they 20inch leightons? If So, what shocks and springs you running?

Back