Team Indium Grey

Hmmm. Bought a rear spoiler for my tailgate van. Ordered a primed one to spray up in indium grey. BUT they have sent me a spoiler already sprayed in gloss black in error! So undecided whether to keep and fit it. Mines an Edition van with the black decals, black roof and other parts - bumper inserts, mirrors, sidebars etc are all gloss black so think it might tie in quite nicely. Just not sure.

Thoughts …….?

Last edited:
Mines an Edition van with the black decals and other parts - bumper inserts, mirrors, sidebars etc are all gloss black so think it might tie in quite nicely. Just not sure.

Mine is also an Edition and although I don’t have a spoiler my instinct is that a black one would not look right.

Mine is also an Edition and although I don’t have a spoiler my instinct is that a black one would not look right.
I know what you mean. I might try and tape it up and see what it would look like in place.

Hmmm. Bought a rear spoiler for my tailgate van. Ordered a primed one to spray up in indium grey. BUT they have sent me a spoiler already sprayed in gloss black in error! So undecided whether to keep and fit it. Mines an Edition van with the black decals, black roof and other parts - bumper inserts, mirrors, sidebars etc are all gloss black so think it might tie in quite nicely. Just not sure.

Thoughts …….?
Yessssss! Sounds like it would fit great with the VW spec black bits…..

Relatively new member here, but been on the t4forum for a good 10years despite having sold our old van a while back after the arrival of kids.

Finally managed to get back in van this week, a 21 plate 150 T32, which is going to be my daily for the foreseeable.

Won’t be a huge conversion or build on this one but I’ll start a separate thread and put some more detail up.

So far, I’m over the moon with it

87248A32-F1A3-4CE2-A63A-0B1AD8044223.jpeg

Hey everyone.

Did my first ever (own) modification to the van the other day... A new gloss black front end :)
Never done work on my van before but for some reason I thought I would give it a go seeing as I'm off work at the moment. I was originally planning to get my factory parts painted but this worked out cheaper and I finally managed to find a replacement 'dog bone' part with side scan functionality.

It was proper squeaky bum time though when it came to yanking off the entire front end on my driveway! :oops:

1633700682193.jpeg

I guess it took me (and my Dad) about 3 or 4hrs to do - I didn't want to rush it. Probably 3 times longer than anyone else but considering I know nothing about vans I felt pretty chuffed when it was finally finished. I was considering painting some of the individual strips to match my van colour but having seen other vans online with completely black front ends I thought I would try that first. I actually really like it so for now it will stay that way. Only one broken clip which annoyingly was the last one to pop in :rolleyes:

In my opinion the gloss body work makes the front end look ten times better than factory. I would recommend it to anyone that's been thinking about doing the same. I've already had people saying how nice my van looks :)

Some photos below...

1633701597183.jpeg

1633701481172.jpeg

1633701533106.jpeg

1633701747721.jpeg

I haven’t done a post in here for a few weeks, so time to put Team IG back at the top where we belong. :cool:

Winter is fast approaching, so with my Makita whirlyspinner I’ve done a bit of paint correction using a Rupes green polishing pad which is fine for single step correction, then Rupes Uno Protect polish which is a great all-in-one product, a spin with a Rupes white ultra fine pad, then Chemical Guys Jetseal and for my OCD I used a last step product Gyeon Wet Coat (on the wheels too).

For a nearly 4 year old van that sits outside in the salty sea air the paintwork still looks fantastic, a credit to the owner ;)

Unfortunately this forum makes the images look poop, there’s a direct link to them below.

97392183-E4-AA-4931-81-AA-52-D2-C0-CD9-B5-F.jpg
A4275-F36-F1-FC-4117-8267-4-FDA59-B9-C1-D5.jpg
BEB51-A7-A-3-B84-4-BD8-A8-E3-D200070685-C1.jpg
C5-C1013-C-0-C91-4-B78-A0-C0-562-A5-E1-ABB92.jpg
D8-BFE1-CD-F15-C-4956-91-D2-581693-E55-F72.jpg

Hi-Res links here - Album — Postimages

Looks great! Can I ask where you got it coated?
Hi there

Thanks, was small detailer business not too far from me (Morecambe), 2 young guys. Still very impressed every time it’s washed. I was dubious at first but think it was money well spent and have heard off numerous people since that the 2 lads are well thought of in the detailing game so was very reassuring to hear as it doesn’t come cheap

Back