Team Indium Grey

Ok all, what is the general consensus on wheel colour for an Indium Grey van?

I currently have a set of MOMO revenge Evo wheels in 20" which are a diamond cut finish and have suffered from the clear coat getting chipped and they now look very tired. I'm wanting to get them stripped and coated when I put the winter wheels back on but don't know what colour to go for?

Should I go for one of the original colours for the wheel like Anthracite which would match the van or do something different?

I kind of feel the black wheels get lost in the arches and you don't really notice the details of the alloy but am not sure if this would be the same with a high gloss or pearl black.

Going full silver would likely tie in quite well with the various chrome accents the van currently has.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

I kept the original Davenport alloys that came with the van and have had them stripped and coated in satin black and are my winter wheels - where the black wheels getting lost in the arches opinion comes from.

I kind of feel the black wheels get lost in the arches and you don't really notice the details of the alloy but am not sure if this would be the same with a high gloss or pearl black.

I've been looking at wheel options for months to replace my Devonports and came to the same conclusion about all black. As much as the van is black / grey themed, all black wheels just look plain.

Going full silver would likely tie in quite well with the various chrome accents the van currently has.

This sounds like a sensible option then although I went for best of both worlds with polished and matt black on the Supermetal Fin (not my van btw):

1628937974213.png

1628938031648.png

Ok all, what is the general consensus on wheel colour for an Indium Grey van?

I currently have a set of MOMO revenge Evo wheels in 20" which are a diamond cut finish and have suffered from the clear coat getting chipped and they now look very tired. I'm wanting to get them stripped and coated when I put the winter wheels back on but don't know what colour to go for?

Should I go for one of the original colours for the wheel like Anthracite which would match the van or do something different?

Anyway what are your thoughts?

I kept the original Davenport alloys that came with the van and have had them stripped and coated in satin black and are my winter wheels - where the black wheels getting lost in the arches opinion comes from.
Hey @RustyMac i am looking at what you have mentioned for my 20” wheels. Diamond cut Wolfrace, in need a TLC due to the dreaded lacquer worm and kerbs. Mine are going to be stripped, cleaned up, sprayed silver, baked then two coats of lacquer, baked again.
£408 all in, takes my guy two days.

Another option would be to get the wheels sprayed silver where the diamond cut accents are and then black/anthracite. This could give the diamond cut appearance without the wheel worm issue.

Apologies for digging up a very old post, how did you achieve the rear black logo with indium grey backing? would love to do the same on mine. Was it just a case of masking up a black badge and painting/spraying?
Buy a rear badge from VW, paint the backing grey, the VW bit black, assemble and replace original.

Joined the team this month.... we were looking for spec rather than colour but it looks class! Really growing on us and quite subtle as a daily driver for the Wife! 2017 T6 LWB Kombi 204 DSG Highline with loads of extras from the first owner! After reading many posts glad it came with LED lights...D667A36A-5898-45A9-8D0D-7F78524B6A79.jpeg

This week I de- badged the rear for the cleaner look, this is of course slightly marred by the acid face and Love Island- style stickers on the window! Front got black badge and gloss black grill strips. Some gratuitous LED and folded power mirror (on the button) pics! Couldn’t resist! If you too would like a “Love Island” style sticker on the back they are available for a very small cost on eBay LOL!!! It’s driving me mad waiting for the 18x8.5 Rial X10X alloys in black to complete the look… I also had permission to order the Travelinlite gloss black V1 splitter. The sportline lower bumper was going too far apparently!FC86D09C-2ED6-4668-8B1A-6F4E17C5AAA6.jpeg4807E4A6-06EE-46F2-947E-13C094B03BE4.jpeg

Delivered earlier this month, registration as 71, conversion just started, awaiting pop top fitting. Trying to remain positive that the wait will be worth it, even though the summer is fading. Looking forward to joining TIG.

View attachment 128838
Hopefully you are having a heater installed so you can enjoy all year round! ;)

After a 3 year stint away from owning a Transporter (previously had a T5 102 bhp Panel van, then a T5 130bhp factory Kombi) it was time to come back. I needed more space for a family of 5 with dog and assorted mtb’s, surfboard and SUP’s.

At the end of July this beaut appeared on Autotrader and ticked all the boxes, apart from price, but hey you only live once!. 68 plate, low mileage T6. 204 bhp DSG, swb factory kombi with quite a lot of extras in the colour I wanted.
Over the last month I’ve been getting her exactly how I want her:-
Sound deadened and sound insulated
Carpet lined
Bulkhead fitted
Swapped H&R’s for 40mm Eibachs
Gloss black side bars
Dechrome/vinyl wrap top grill inserts
Colour coded front and rear badges
Debadge tailgate
Extra front door seals
Carista mods
Callipers painted

40BBFCEA-7B36-4B91-B630-F1F7343AFEEC.jpeg

488A94A0-2247-4B1E-AE1C-B984BE43174B.jpeg
BB4F508F-A2FE-4E84-AD45-288736297D97.jpeg

F873C562-2751-4BDC-9C37-07C8A65B8342.jpeg
2987188E-21F3-4F8A-87EE-35E6754D2A0C.jpeg
A4CF7491-9E53-49B2-B486-5CF4438CFB6C.jpeg
8B934F2D-0468-4EFA-ACD0-72F808553F4E.jpeg
8F9FE753-8F2F-4400-A154-2F798D32A50B.jpeg

Only things left to do are:
Limo tints, and possibly slightly smoked tint on rear lights
Refit the poorly fitted carbon bumper protector
Full day detailing it and staying off T6 Forum as I can see lower lip splitter, flat bottom paddle steering wheel (had one in my Audi), remap, speaker upgrades ….. does it ever end

Back