Team ex-AA van

When I got my van I found that the same left-centre vent didn’t work. When I took off the trim I found that there was a big lump of foam cut to the shape of the duct and stuffed in it!
Anyone know why this would be blocked off?

When I got my van I found that the same left-centre vent didn’t work. When I took off the trim I found that there was a big lump of foam cut to the shape of the duct and stuffed in it!
Anyone know why this would be blocked off?
They take the vent off, block it and fit a holder for a tablet or similar there. Most come with the holder still there and need a new vent ordering, sounds like yours has been replaced but they didn't take the foam out.

Hello

Van is now 90% done.

Install by VW | CAMPER CONVERSIONS | REVO AUTHORISED VAN SALES | SCORPION TRACKERS | REVO | HVR CUSTOMS | GOSPORT, FAREHAM, STUBBINGTON, LEE ON THE SOLENT | ELKINS MOTORS . Fully deadened, lined, windows, Leisure battery, Lights, Windows, Suspension, Sterio and reverse cam etc.
Navis Wheels
Solow Suspension
Stitches and Steel Kombi Lite
Ovano Table

GTD Seats with passenger swivel being fitted tonight.

Then last will be
Front splitter
Side rails
Ghostbusters Ecto1 plate to go on towbar plate.
Stickers :)

1692870246980.png1692870263497.png
1692870279864.png
1692870291632.png1692870309572.png

any idea what this is and how I cover it? Thanks
View attachment 213540
One of three aerials/tracking.
Unscrews from the inside and leaves a hole.
That black sh1t its some sort of sealer. So I expect you will find a dirty rusty horror of a hole under it.
You have a task there mate. Hopefully that just chips off.

That for the hole but rust proof it first.

Hey gang - anyone had any problems with the diagnostics obd2 port? mine's not passing any data and when looked a bit closer it still had the old telematics passthrough wiring there. Just trying to narrow down is ECU is dead or just bad diagnostics port.

Attached is the passthrough wiring all cut but still there. Then the 'actual' obd2 port is purple and kind of hanging on the right hand side (not in picture)

tempImageQoA5LV.png

Sorry, I’ve not seen that before. Mine had other wiring spliced into lights and battery etc (which I removed and re-did during the build phase) but my OBD port was just the pink coloured one where the regular port is and works fine.

So what is it we are actually looking at in the picture? Has the OBD port wiring been spliced into this or replaced?

Hello

Van is now 90% done.

Install by VW | CAMPER CONVERSIONS | REVO AUTHORISED VAN SALES | SCORPION TRACKERS | REVO | HVR CUSTOMS | GOSPORT, FAREHAM, STUBBINGTON, LEE ON THE SOLENT | ELKINS MOTORS . Fully deadened, lined, windows, Leisure battery, Lights, Windows, Suspension, Sterio and reverse cam etc.
Navis Wheels
Solow Suspension
Stitches and Steel Kombi Lite
Ovano Table

GTD Seats with passenger swivel being fitted tonight.

Then last will be
Front splitter
Side rails
Ghostbusters Ecto1 plate to go on towbar plate.
Stickers :)

View attachment 210793View attachment 210794
View attachment 210795
View attachment 210796View attachment 210797
Thats cool looking van, love the commercial bumpers with those wheels and stance.

Sorry, I’ve not seen that before. Mine had other wiring spliced into lights and battery etc (which I removed and re-did during the build phase) but my OBD port was just the pink coloured one where the regular port is and works fine.

So what is it we are actually looking at in the picture? Has the OBD port wiring been spliced into this or replaced?

Some kind of passthrough device but with a load of wires attached that were spliced into something unknown. So imagine this could be the source of the issue.

Just bought mine, 67 plate, will post pics soon, mines got the commercial bumpers defo need to upgrade to coloured coded, my bumper looks like the grill and bumper is one piece? I've seen grills, bumpers and bumper inserts on the usual websites, will I be missing any fixings does anyone know? Like grill to bumper for Instance as mine is a one piece?

Back