Team ex-AA van

Heya.

1 - the radar is super cool it will engage the brakes if it thinks you about to shunt the car infront. It also helps with front parking as it wont let the car get closer than about 20cm away.

2 - Be aware these ex aa vans are t32's which means extra heavy compared to the normal t28 version. This means they have a slightly stricter MOT and they will check wheels & tyres for load ratings. I personally had the wrong alloys & have swapped to the t32 VW OEM 17" davenport wheels in Black with offroad tyres - Nankang All Season AW-6 235/55 R17 V (103).

3 - Highly reccomend the RCD330 available on ebay and stores online. No coding needed. Plug & Play. Its VW OEM chinese market headunit so has carplay & android auto but no cd player. is about £180. Also comes with the cable to fit a reversing camera. Most cameras will work. Don't pay more than £30 for a camera. Try and grab one with a sony chip for best performance in low light. Mine has some accelerometer with dynamic parking lines but it's a bit gimicky. You can also get super wide angle ones. Also reccomend fitting the travelling-lite fancy rear t6 lights so you get dual reverse LEDs.

Hi all, I am looking to get an ex AA T32, there are quite a few on Autotrader currently at great prices. What are the downsides/risks, apart from the class 7 Mot, expensive wheels/tyres, and extra electrics/gadgetry? Have they had a hard life? Does the AA know it's time to get rid of them or do they just change them at five years old? Are there insurance issues?

Reactions: CAB
Only had mine for around a week but here it is, happy to be a part of the crew :cool:

91345be9-99bc-4ce6-8dce-78066e4a8493-jpeg.191975

Anyone with an ex aa t6 t32 know what size the disks & pads are? Some
T32’s have larger disks?

Hi Everyone, new to the ExAA T6 club having just picked up a 2017. In the process of ripping out the AA electrics. Can anyone confirm if there is a split charger fitted as standard for the leisure/aa battery found in the front seat? Would like to repurpose it. Thanks Adam20230428_143243.jpg

Split charge relay assembly in there on my 2016 when i changed it over. Which made no sense at all with it being a Euro 6 vehicle

Split charge relay assembly in there on my 2016 when i changed it over. Which made no sense at all with it being a Euro 6 vehicle
Interesting, you got any photos as I'm really struggling to locate it despite tracing the wiring. Would be keen to know what it looked like to confirm if it is missing.

i'll have a look through my photos when i get back from work.
Fairly sure it was some substantial cabling and 2 relays secured into the center area under the seat.
I also had the battery tray fitted under the twin seat

i'll have a look through my photos when i get back from work.
Fairly sure it was some substantial cabling and 2 relays secured into the center area under the seat.
I also had the battery tray fitted under the twin seat
Yeah I have the battery and tray. I also have lots of modules for jump starting and the tow hitch. Just no obvious way in how the battery charges.

Hello all. I am now officially part of the ex AA van club as of today . It has not got off to a best start though. Collected the van today and on the way home stopped to fill up the tank and someone at the petrol station reversed into me. Worst luck ever! Oh well hopefully things will go better from here onwards..

IMG_20230513_135902.jpg

Hello all, I have a quick question hoping someone can help with. Do your ex AA vans have passenger airbags? I have been trying to look for the manual switch to turn it off but there is nothing there when I open the passenger door as the manual suggests. Has anyone else been able to locate the airbag turnoff switch ?

Hello,
About to pull the trigger on an AA and the two I am looking at have a little paint tone difference between the front passenger door and side door vs the rear quarter.
Been told this is due to paint fade as the back was wrapped.
Am I being told right?
Thanks
Matt

Hello,
About to pull the trigger on an AA and the two I am looking at have a little paint tone difference between the front passenger door and side door vs the rear quarter.
Been told this is due to paint fade as the back was wrapped.
Am I being told right?
Thanks
Matt
Very likely, but a good detailer would be able to deal with that, IMO.

Back