Team ex-AA van

Nice wheels and have you had it lowered?That's the next thing on my long list is on -50mm springs
Hi, thanks ours is on -50mm springs :) I love the wheels, reminds me of the wheels I had on my old track car, I think they make it look ‘sporty’ :)

Where did you get that side wing / door decal? I want to add more black and saw a guy selling vans with a strip there on and thought it looked good, but can’t find any :)
The side decals were from the company I got the van from. Think veedub Transporters might do similar or any vinyl company would knock something up.
Welcome to the not so subtle yellow gang.

Hi all,

I've got myself an ex AA T5 I'm looking to fix up! I've got a complete T6 tailgate rear end I'm looking to fit so hoping to find some info and share any problems I come across!

Cheers!

Ash

What 50mm springs did you go for?
Sorry I missed this, they were supplied by the garage I bought it from, I am not sure if the make but they were yellow? Either way they are OK, but -50mm on standard shocks is quite crashy, really thinking about moving to some nice coilovers soon.

Hi Everyone,
Thought i would say "hello!" as I've Just picked up my ex AA van last week and got to say I'm loving it!

I'm looking at doing all the work myself with the help of my teenage son and plan to tackle the windows this weekend, however not got a clue with electrics so will need to scour the forums to get it anything like your vans.

A few questions if I may please though?
1/ I notice some of you have different front grills on to mine which has a hole for the 'radar' sensor. Have you taken this sensor off as i prefer it hole less?
2/ I'm looking at some Amarok 255/50R20's alloys and tyres. Anyone fitted these and have any issues?
3/ Rear view camera / parking sensor. Basically, I need something as without a rear window my spacial awareness is currently non-existent and a bump is imminent! What have people fitted and what's the easiest way around this? I had something that worked via Bluetooth years back and went to the iphone but can't find anything like this anymore.

Many thanks

Hi Everyone,
Thought i would say "hello!" as I've Just picked up my ex AA van last week and got to say I'm loving it!

I'm looking at doing all the work myself with the help of my teenage son and plan to tackle the windows this weekend, however not got a clue with electrics so will need to scour the forums to get it anything like your vans.

A few questions if I may please though?
1/ I notice some of you have different front grills on to mine which has a hole for the 'radar' sensor. Have you taken this sensor off as i prefer it hole less?
2/ I'm looking at some Amarok 255/50R20's alloys and tyres. Anyone fitted these and have any issues?
3/ Rear view camera / parking sensor. Basically, I need something as without a rear window my spacial awareness is currently non-existent and a bump is imminent! What have people fitted and what's the easiest way around this? I had something that worked via Bluetooth years back and went to the iphone but can't find anything like this anymore.

Many thanks

Welcome and congrats

1. The 2017ish onwards vans will have the radar as this is part of the front assist and is a safety feature so don’t think anyone will have removed it.

2. 255/50 sounds like it will be too tall/too much sidewall height to work with a Transporter - 265/40/20 if T32 or 275/35 if upto T30 will work better.

3. Depends on which head unit you have fitted - I have a Composition Media (mid range OEM) and bought a wiring loom (£100) and a Kenwood reverse camera (£85). Easy enough to wire up before the van has been carpet lined etc and also requires coding with VCDS which is easy enough if you have access to the cable and software.

Back