Team Deep Pearl Black

Some seriously shiney looking vans on this thread. Getting mine next week and with my standard 2 washes a year I think it would make the wall of shame if I ever posted a photo:eek:

Any thoughts on all blacked out on grill/badges/sides and bronze wheels? Is that another for the wall of shame? Probably where it is headed.

Some seriously shiney looking vans on this thread. Getting mine next week and with my standard 2 washes a year I think it would make the wall of shame if I ever posted a photo:eek:

Any thoughts on all blacked out on grill/badges/sides and bronze wheels? Is that another for the wall of shame? Probably where it is headed.

Hi,
I think Oli @BognorMotors has posted on his instagram pictures of black vans with bronze wheels. Its a good look, check them out.

There are also some great threads about car cleaning on the forum which im becoming a bit obsessed with. Remember summer is coming

Hi,
I think Oli @BognorMotors has posted on his instagram pictures of black vans with bronze wheels. Its a good look, check them out.

There are also some great threads about car cleaning on the forum which im becoming a bit obsessed with. Remember summer is coming

I read the thread on cleaning and it just made me feel bad about slinging every car I have had through the local hand car wash. Never had a real problem after it is done there......... if you squint and look from a distance whilst wearing dark sunglasses.

I did see Oli's post with bronze wheels and I am heading down that route. AC Syclone Bronze/black in 19's currently at top of list.

I read the thread on cleaning and it just made me feel bad about slinging every car I have had through the local hand car wash. Never had a real problem after it is done there......... if you squint and look from a distance whilst wearing dark sunglasses.

I did see Oli's post with bronze wheels and I am heading down that route. AC Syclone Bronze/black in 19's currently at top of list.

Sounds great, look forward to seeing the pictures. I really wanted 19's as well but just couldnt find load rated wheels i liked that were in buget so I've settled for 20s. They're arriving monday so will official join team black with a picture next week, after I've given her a clean

DYPZ2060.JPG

MY 180 BiTDi when I was home from work last trip. Apologies for the dirty van :D

Next step when funds are available. REVO Stage 1 , KONI Active Dampers and 20" Alloys.

I also need to get my rear tailgate window tinted again. Seems it was smashed by previous owner, as I found glass inside tailgate during sound deadening stage o_O

View attachment 108788

MY 180 BiTDi when I was home from work last trip. Apologies for the dirty van :D

Next step when funds are available. REVO Stage 1 , KONI Active Dampers and 20" Alloys.

I also need to get my rear tailgate window tinted again. Seems it was smashed by previous owner, as I found glass inside tailgate during sound deadening stage o_O

looks gorgeous, just ordered the same sportline wheels for my new girl, pictures will follow just as soon as the wheels are fitted,

joining team deep black pearl this week having sadly departed from team indium grey

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic, and it’s great to see what A/Ts might look like on mine... are you running 16 inch steels?
Hi, yep. 16”, with 235/70 tyres. Needed winters because we travelled out in April and were planning on passing through Alps/Austria. We have left them on as they suit our use more than the 20” alloys the van came with.

View attachment 113610

From last weekend. Loved our first time overnight despite it being unfinished inside.

Once I'm done I want to gove it a good clean. Any advice on products for a black beauty?
I’d like to hear some suggestions, too. Just picked up a clay bar to get the surfaces nice and smooth. Thinking about a serious polish to remove some swirl marks.
Might buy a polisher.
I’ve seen some products marketed for black paint...

I’d like to hear some suggestions, too. Just picked up a clay bar to get the surfaces nice and smooth. Thinking about a serious polish to remove some swirl marks.
Might buy a polisher.
I’ve seen some products marketed for black paint...

Take what I say with the best intention. If you are 'buying' a polisher, that suggests you haven't got one and therefor haven't used one before?
When it comes to Black VW paint, I would definitely leave it to the professionals because you can cause more work for them guys to fix, actually costing you more money in the long run. There are no magic products for Black and any that claim they are, will only be hiding swirls temporarily.
You need to start from a perfect base and take the advice from a seasoned detailer, but Black is a nightmare and no amount of products will fix swirls until it's back to basics and even then, it's a nightmare to maintain that way.

Best looking colour in my opinion, but I hate it to maintain.
I've owned Black vehicles all my life, but this is my last one. I have far more important things to get on with now, and the constant maintenance of my van is slowly getting on my nerves.

@Tourershine thibk you may have answered my next question on whether to get it professionally done then try and maintain. I've 2 young kids and a dog... the van will be used and touched so don't expect perfection and don't want to spend another fortune as little fingers don't care!
Is there anything out there that will keep it the right side of ok?

Back