Team Deep Pearl Black

@Tourershine thibk you may have answered my next question on whether to get it professionally done then try and maintain. I've 2 young kids and a dog... the van will be used and touched so don't expect perfection and don't want to spend another fortune as little fingers don't care!
Is there anything out there that will keep it the right side of ok?

There are loads of products that protect for a few months, but if it's perfection people want, then pro's only with Black in my opinion.
The most common issue I see with kids is suncream handprints, so just watch them touching or leaning on the paint with suncream, because this etches into the surface.
Other than that, I wouldn't stress too much or it takes over your daily life, like it has for many of us and that can remove the enjoyment of owning a vehicle.

Tourershine is spot on with what he says. I’ve only ever owned one black car, and that was enough, I’ll never own another.
And I definitely wouldn’t use clay if you’re not going to polish afterwards, especially on black.

I joined Team Black Pearl last year having had a Silver T5.1 SWB for seven years before - so glad to get rid of the silver, although miss the Van itself, had made fun times in it! Bought this as a panel van in Sept '20 - It got converted in Jan this year and now this is done, am itching to add some more exterior styling. Am a little undecided on what front end and whether to get side bars or side skirts at the moment!

Have become slightly obsessive about cleaning my black van, just bought some Chemical guys Black Light Polish and Butter Wet Wax and am looking forward for to seeing how these work on it. Have just been using CarPro Reload sealant until now, which is good but am ready for the next level!

pxl_20210418_105428874-copy-jpg.113787

Hi, yep. 16”, with 235/70 tyres. Needed winters because we travelled out in April and were planning on passing through Alps/Austria. We have left them on as they suit our use more than the 20” alloys the van came with.
Love it! Yours standard height suspension too? Did your tyres need wheel spacers for steering/wheel arch clearance?

Sorry guys, I'm jumping ship from the Black team to Indium Grey from this Saturday!
Collecting a year old Edition Kombi on Saturday after 5 years & 4 months with my Black LWB Highline 180 pre add-blue.
Travelled 51k Miles and no issues during that time so pleased to stay with a late registered T6.
Just couldn't wait the dealer quoted potential 8-9+ months wait for a new one so the Edition with 6k on will have to do!

I've only just seen this picture. I saw you pull into the retail park, you should of said hello.

I'm sure you parked somewhere else though:cool:
I did park at the Costa Coffee then did a double take of your van, so had to grab a photo. I had no idea where you were though!

Back