Team Deep Pearl Black

Congratulations on your new van. How are you finding the black paintwork? Iv had black cars but the van is another level to look after. Paul
Cheers Paul and yes, it yes it brought back a lot of memories. Just given it a quick rinse between showers. Definitely going to be an uphill battle. At least it will keep me occupied! From some angles it still doesn't look clean though.

There are also lots of swirls present that will need removing before the OCD. Stunning though. Absolutely love it.20201121_093153.jpg

Cheers Paul and yes, it yes it brought back a lot of memories. Just given it a quick rinse between showers. Definitely going to be an uphill battle. At least it will keep me occupied! From some angles it still doesn't look clean though.

There are also lots of swirls present that will need removing before the OCD. Stunning though. Absolutely love it.View attachment 92512

Looks awesome

What are your front brakes like? Mine has done 13K miles and its 1 year old but it has rusty brakes? Is yours similar?

8928315A-5E12-4038-B5EC-50EF98F2B8C7.jpeg

3 hr marathon. Wash (2 bucket) and a wax with some Detail Freaks stuff :thumbsup:
Feels like my arm is about to drop off now!

Now cooking dinner while my wife and daughter sit on their arses watching a film.I think their training needs a refresh....

2BBE3BDC-AD0C-47D7-9913-3C53A88A84B2.jpeg

B2D81E88-4595-40AD-B123-A4AF3D05B36D.jpeg

No, they look ok to be honest. Like surface will normally scrub off with use but that looks more than just light doesn't it?

Yes, strange. Wondered if it’s because it’s been sat around before it got converted & surface rust built up. I’m going to lightly wire brush the calliper & then if I’m still not happy get them painted mat black

I am
It has been a long wait with delays due to Covid.
Now I have to persuade the Boss that a trip to CRS is absolutely necessary to give a nice smooth ride.

That will be in the new year

MY FIRST TRANSPORTER :cool: 2016 180 BiTDI

Newly fitted Vanstyle Front Splitter and Roof Bars

Plenty mods to come including 20" Velare Alloys and Koni Shocks to pair the sportline springs.

I have also wrapped the 3 chrome strips black and red myself with great results I think.

IMG_1710.JPGIMG_1707.PNGIMG_1706.JPG

@Stevio What wrap did you use for your grill? In the pictures it looks like you have a close match in colour..

It was my first time wrapping, probably not the easiest of things to first try. They were even trickier getting the chrome strips off. Overall happy enough.

Please note: I wasnt happy at first with the red, it looked more pinky/red to begin with until I completed the black trims beside it. I wanted a deeper red but I guess is just the cheap wrap.

Hi, soon to be joining team black. Heading out to view and pick the van up tomorrow, 67 kombi with 204 DSG.

Does anybody ever use registration check sites they could recommend?

Will be partly self converting over the next few months and can't wait. I'm sure I will share plenty pics when i get them!

Back