Team Banded Brothers.

That's the LR ones. They needed a little persuasion to fit. The VW don't fit with the centre depth.
I've got some VW badges coming for them.

I'm sure I've seen these with the standard VW steel wheel caps fitted. Have you tried them on?

Despite the issues (and I completely get your point and would feel exactly the same) they do look really goooood in that shot.
they are really good wheels and are built well. It was just the fact that as previously said they wasn’t finished how they was described in my opinion. Anyway all sorted now and can’t wait to get them powder coated and back on.

Excuse my ignorance (as haven't followed thq stuff of late) but is this how much they have changed from the prototypes to production or have I got the wrong wheel or size?

Screenshot_20211021-201414_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20211021-201450_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Tourershine and @Matchyt30 pics.

Excuse my ignorance (as haven't followed thq stuff of late) but is this how much they have changed from the prototypes to production or have I got the wrong wheel or size?

View attachment 134318View attachment 134319

@Tourershine and @Matchyt30 pics.
I was thinking exactly the same. I quite like the top ones but to me the hole:metal ratio on the bottom photo is all wrong. Holes look too small. Maybe it’s beca I’m so used to seeing the Amaroks.

I think they are 20” with a 35 profile on the prototype and mi e are 19” with a 45
That's why I asked about size, but I'm sure tourershine said his were 19", obviously could be mistaken.
I've seen a pic of the production 20's though and the holes look too small on those too, and there is less of them. Too much metal for my liking.

That's why I asked about size, but I'm sure tourershine said his were 19", obviously could be mistaken.
I've seen a pic of the production 20's though and the holes look too small on those too, and there is less of them. Too much metal for my liking.
What I thought as well

I could be wrong but I was told @Tourershine had the 20” holeys that was prototype wheels that were actually wheels that had been banded and had a different centre that takes the standard centres caps but has 19” smoothies he is going to be running

I could be wrong but I was told @Tourershine had the 20” holeys that was prototype wheels that were actually wheels that had been banded and had a different centre that takes the standard centres caps but has 19” smoothies he is going to be running

Not sure.
Either way they look totally different to the production ones in 19"or 20". Hole size, quantity of holes, diameter of the centre raised section etc (can see why oem centre caps don't fit now).
Shame really, as I'd of been close to ordering set if they were like the proto ones. Just means I'll be going in another direction now so prob not a bad thing :)

Not sure.
Either way they look totally different to the production ones in 19"or 20". Hole size, quantity of holes, diameter of the centre raised section etc (can see why oem centre caps don't fit now).
Shame really, as I'd of been close to ordering set if they were like the proto ones. Just means I'll be going in another direction now so prob not a bad thing :)
I wonder how many people have pre ordered assuming they would look like the prototype. Only to find they look nothing like them, I was thinking of ordering these too but not now.

I’m going to be brutally honest but looking at these photos I think the banded amoraks look 100 times better, I agree with the above comments they just don’t look right at all.

No, he had 19“ Holeys and Schmoovs as demos. He has bought a set of 20“ SchmoI’ve.

Not sure.
Personally I don’t think you could better the look of the banded GP’s you had on your van…. they looked mint!;)

Personally I don’t think you could better the look of the banded GP’s you had on your van…. they looked mint!;)
Steel wheel wise I'm beginning to agree. If I was going for THQ ones it would have to be the Schmoov ones now, just being that bit different.

The demo wheels on mine were 19s on 35 profile tyres.
The reason the Navis Holeys have slightly different hole sizes and numbers of, are because they weren't permitted to copy an Amarok due to some copyright laws apparently. Same as the aftermarket headlights don't look exactly the same as the factory.

As for my own Navis steels, I went 20" Schmoov because they were very marmite, and I have banded Amaroks, so wanted a totally different style.

Back