Team Banded Brothers.

It really is a shame about the quality. I previously had a set of smoothies on my t4 from extreme offset wheels and the finish on them were perfect and they are less than half the price. Only reason I didn’t buy from them is because I wanted 19” and they only do 18 and 20 and only in black or white. In hindsight I should have got the 20” had them powder coated in silver , used the tyres I have on the van now and saved myself about £800-£1000
I think even though you’ve had the tyres fitted, you should make both THQ and Navis aware that you’re really not happy with the quality! Put it back to them and see what response you get…. it won’t be good PR for either company if they don’t offer to do something?

Hope you can get a positive result from this Dude! :thumbsup:

I have emailed them and told them about the issues and about the tyres and will see what they say. So am I right in thinking navis is part of THQ? I bought them from the navis website but there is no mention of THQ on there . When I looked tho they both have the same address .

I have emailed them and told them about the issues and about the tyres and will see what they say. So am I right in thinking navis is part of THQ? I bought them from the navis website but there is no mention of THQ on there . When I looked tho they both have the same address .
No idea on that one…. I thought THQ were an agent/dealer for Navis and assumed you’d bought them through THQ.

In that case you just have to deal directly with Navis. Good luck with it.

No idea on that one…. I thought THQ were an agent/dealer for Navis and assumed you’d bought them through THQ.

In that case you just have to deal directly with Navis. Good luck with it.
I stand to be corrected, but I believe that Navis is a brand name that THQ own and use for their wheels.

Little google search shows that they are owned by the same people.
In that case they should definitely do something if you’re not happy…. and removing already fitted tyres will be no problem to them as they have their own tyre fitters/machines.

Keep us posted?

aaaah...
- for a colour change? you've not noticed/had any issues quality wise though i guess??

Bare in mind that the set that were on my van were concept wheels that were sent to the UK and powder coated over here, so the quality was fantastic. I haven't seen any of the production versions in the flesh as yet.

Bare in mind that the set that were on my van were concept wheels that were sent to the UK and powder coated over here, so the quality was fantastic. I haven't seen any of the production versions in the flesh as yet.

yeah that makes sense, good point...

Will be interesting to hear what Duchy say on the quality of the Navis wheels. Perhaps won’t be unbiased but hopefully truthful.

Pretty poor that standard caps won’t fit, smells of a f up!

My only advice to anyone who is interested in the navis steels is to look at them in the flesh before buying. And that is first hand advice from a very disappointed customer.

Will be interesting to hear what Duchy say on the quality of the Navis wheels. Perhaps won’t be unbiased but hopefully truthful.

Pretty poor that standard caps won’t fit, smells of a f up!
I agree about the standard caps, especially as they fitted on the demo ones That w3 saw at Sibbertoft.

I agree about the standard caps, especially as they fitted on the demo ones That w3 saw at Sibbertoft.
I was told the demo wheels were wheels that had been banded and when they went to production they couldn’t be made the same as it wouldnt of had the correct load rating and that’s why they don’t fit. Again something that should of been mentioned in the description or to people who had pre ordered.

My only advice to anyone who is interested in the navis steels is to look at them in the flesh before buying. And that is first hand advice from a very disappointed customer.
Have you had any response to your email?

I’ve just been looking on the Navis website and read this…. have they added this??

“Please remember when ordering: these are steel wheels which are finished in a steel wheel factory. Much like the standard 16” wheels that come on a Transporter out the VW factory, they don’t have that flawless finish that a cast alloy wheel would have. Each wheel may show light steel press marks and the lip join may be visible.

Genuine VW centre caps can be used with these wheels by removing 6mm around the edge.”

Back