Team Banded Brothers.

The demo wheels on mine were 19s on 35 profile tyres.
The reason the Navis Holeys have slightly different hole sizes and numbers of, are because they weren't permitted to copy an Amarok due to some copyright laws apparently. Same as the aftermarket headlights don't look exactly the same as the factory.

As for my own Navis steels, I went 20" Schmoov because they were very marmite, and I have banded Amaroks, so wanted a totally different style.
Are you having anything else done to them or just the powder coat? I Would love to have the rears made 11” wide but not sure if it’s going to cause me problems.

Are you having anything else done to them or just the powder coat? I Would love to have the rears made 11” wide but not sure if it’s going to cause me problems.
Remember your sliding door…. I have 9.5” banded Amaroks on the rear and my carpeted sliding door rubs just a little bit.

Remember your sliding door…. I have 9.5” banded Amaroks on the rear and my carpeted sliding door rubs just a little bit.
The good thing is it’s a work van so sliding door is standard. I have about 20mm gap from door panel to the arch. Think I’m going to leave them as they are. Done enough messing about with arches on mk1 and mk3 golfs over the years (with arch rolling kit) Don’t think I want to messing about on the van.

No way. We measured to see if we could get a band on either the front or rear, but no way.

I share the disappointment over how the production Navis Holeys look. I get the comment about copyright, but this never stops the loads of OEM “replica” alloys which are direct copies of the originals.

Just notices that the pictures of the wheels on the website have 18 holes mine have 16
Yes I commented about the number of holes. Surely they aren't showing the prototype wheel on the website where you purchase are they???

It may seem trivial to some I guess but it has a big effect on the overall look of the wheel and would prevent me buying.

Yes I commented about the number of holes. Surely they aren't showing the prototype wheel on the website where you purchase are they???

It may seem trivial to some I guess but it has a big effect on the overall look of the wheel and would prevent me buying.
False advertising then surely?

Just notices that the pictures of the wheels on the website have 18 holes mine have 16
Did you order holey or dome? Dome appear to have 16 holes, holey 18

I share the disappointment over how the production Navis Holeys look. I get the comment about copyright, but this never stops the loads of OEM “replica” alloys which are direct copies of the originals.
Copyright on a steel wheel design??? Surely the width/dish and size makes any copyright issues null and void.

I'm guessing it's less about copyright and more about costs, or cost to meet a certain standard to be legal and their profit margins.

I've just collected my 20inch Smoovies, from THQ which will be up for sale as I've now sold my van. So if anyone is interested let me know I'll be posting a listing later on this evening

Update - Listing now posted in the For Sale section

Last edited by a moderator:
I see the Alpine demo van being used to promote the Domed Navis steels have 18 holes not 16. Wonder if these are production spec? The production spec. Holeys have 16 holes instead of the 18 on the prototype. I’m not really understanding the existence of the Domed wheel, surely it’s just a different centre cap?

I see the Alpine demo van being used to promote the Domed Navis steels have 18 holes not 16. Wonder if these are production spec? The production spec. Holeys have 16 holes instead of the 18 on the prototype. I’m not really understanding the existence of the Domed wheel, surely it’s just a different centre cap?

They will be production wheels which have had a couple of tweaks since the prototype, which isn't unusual. The Domed wheels are slightly different to the none-domed because they are designed to hold the domed cap, where as the standard Holey won't.

Any pictures of the alpine van? I can’t seem to find it , well not with steels .

Back