Team Banded Brothers.

Me too but decided to go with 19” with a 40 or 45 profile tyre (undecided yet) as I have 20s with 35 profile and feel every bump on the road.

Order cancelled as other things have popped up. Shame as I think they will look ace. Will be interesting to see what everyone else thinks of thiers.

Now I'm ummming and awing between 19 or 20.

@Tourershine will these come in the same finish as the wheels you had on at Sibbertoft? Thanks

Sorry mate, I didn't see that question.

They are coming in Anthracite and Silver, but not exactly the same Silver as I had on mine, because they were originally the Black versions that HQ had powder coated locally to see how they looked in Silver.

I've got a set of the Holey in 20" but they will be off to be done in my normal Chrome and I doubt I will run these as daily wheels because my profiles will be far too small to risk bending a rim in a pothole, or loosing a tooth filling. I'm loving the comfort of the banded 17s at the moment, I even deliberately went up a kerb for the first time ever the other day, with no issues :)

Sorry mate, I didn't see that question.

They are coming in Anthracite and Silver, but not exactly the same Silver as I had on mine, because they were originally the Black versions that HQ had powder coated locally to see how they looked in Silver.

I've got a set of the Holey in 20" but they will be off to be done in my normal Chrome and I doubt I will run these as daily wheels because my profiles will be far too small to risk bending a rim in a pothole, or loosing a tooth filling. I'm loving the comfort of the banded 17s at the moment, I even deliberately went up a kerb for the first time ever the other day, with no issues :)
No worries, thanks for the reply.
I get where you are coming from re the 17s and comfort.
I bump up kerbs all the time, especially directly across from my drive. This is worrying me about going 20s.
I see 19s as a compromise so probably will end up with those, but the 17s do sound tempting.

Banded Brothers Bump.

So, the latest in Team steel over here is Leicestershire is the banded 17s have sold and another set of Banded Amaroks are on the way from Duchy in all my usual specs, Chrome, 8.5 and 9.5 with a slight alteration to the tyres sizes from 235/45 all round to 235/45 rears and 225/45 fronts, to hopefully give a nice equal stretch on front and rear.
These are actually the 5th set of Amaroks I've owned, which is a little daft, but I've never lost money on these wheels.
I'd actually ordered the same width tyres, but in 40s, but I'm currently back on the Navis 19s, which run 35 profiles and I cannot get over staggered speed humps without dragging the whole underside of the van, and as many of you know, I've just had a nightmare with a worn through Adblue tank and don't fancy destroying another one, so moved the 18" tyres up to 45s to hopefully lift the underside a little higher off the ground.

Anyway, the reason for this post is the slight controversy on my Navis steel order. I'd originally pre-ordered the Holey steels, but the more I look at the Schmoov, the more I like it, and I think that once I change the colour to my Chrome, these things will look uber cool against my Black paint. Plus running banded Amaroks as daily wheels, they aren't that different to the Holey, albeit I'm going 20" and it would take a trained eye to notice I've actually changed my wheels when I swap from Amaroks to Holey. Plus the Schmoov are very marmite, which I love because some will say WTF and other will say 'WTF' just the way I like to be with my styling;)

20211006_140248.jpg20210715_091219.jpg

Banded Brothers Bump.

So, the latest in Team steel over here is Leicestershire is the banded 17s have sold and another set of Banded Amaroks are on the way from Duchy in all my usual specs, Chrome, 8.5 and 9.5 with a slight alteration to the tyres sizes from 235/45 all round to 235/45 rears and 225/45 fronts, to hopefully give a nice equal stretch on front and rear.
These are actually the 5th set of Amaroks I've owned, which is a little daft, but I've never lost money on these wheels.
I'd actually ordered the same width tyres, but in 40s, but I'm currently back on the Navis 19s, which run 35 profiles and I cannot get over staggered speed humps without dragging the whole underside of the van, and as many of you know, I've just had a nightmare with a worn through Adblue tank and don't fancy destroying another one, so moved the 18" tyres up to 45s to hopefully lift the underside a little higher off the ground.

Anyway, the reason for this post is the slight controversy on my Navis steel order. I'd originally pre-ordered the Holey steels, but the more I look at the Schmoov, the more I like it, and I think that once I change the colour to my Chrome, these things will look uber cool against my Black paint. Plus running banded Amaroks as daily wheels, they aren't that different to the Holey, albeit I'm going 20" and it would take a trained eye to notice I've actually changed my wheels when I swap from Amaroks to Holey. Plus the Schmoov are very marmite, which I love because some will say WTF and other will say 'WTF' just the way I like to be with my styling;)

View attachment 132510View attachment 132512
I see the THQ wheels are out now. So now I have a decision, Banded18" Amaroks, 19" RR space savers, the Holey or Schmoov in the pics. Decisions decisions.

I see the THQ wheels are out now. So now I have a decision, Banded18" Amaroks, 19" RR space savers, the Holey or Schmoov in the pics. Decisions decisions.
There is another choice. See below.
I cancelled my order so will wait and see. In the meantime I've bought Defender steels and going to run standard but then maybe get banded next year. They look ace IMO.

Screenshot_20211001_002307.jpg

As standard they are 8x18in, those in the photo are 9 and 9.5in I believe. Will get mine on next week hopefully.

Last edited:
Offset is et40 or very close to it. Some sets on ebay, I got the set from here. Mr Duchy said they were the best quality steels he had seen when I asked about them on a FB page. Centrebore is not the same but just use some spigots and your done.

So I have now received my steels from navis but I’m actually a bit disappointed. I do love them but it’s the finish on them that really have let them down. The paint finish is very orange peeley , they have quite a few bits of splatter from welding that’s just been painted over a couple of other marks but the worse bit is how visible the seam is where they have been welded. I know I can get them powder coated but for the cost I expected them to be a lot better. What would you guys do in this situation? Cheers

So I have now received my steels from navis but I’m actually a bit disappointed. I do love them but it’s the finish on them that really have let them down. The paint finish is very orange peeley , they have quite a few bits of splatter from welding that’s just been painted over a couple of other marks but the worse bit is how visible the seam is where they have been welded. I know I can get them powder coated but for the cost I expected them to be a lot better. What would you guys do in this situation? Cheers
Thanks for that info. I won’t be ordering them now.
if I go steels it will be Duchy Amaroks now. Agree not great as the wheels are not cheap.

Back