Team Banded Brothers.

May I say, I think your van was a personal favourite of mine from the weekend - the silver against the banded wheels and the tail pipe.. spot on mate
You may Sir…. and may I say that’s very kind of you…. thank you very much mate! :thumbsup:

I’ll make more of an effort to say hello next time…. with the sun/heat and all the beer I was drinking, I’ll be honest and say I was a bit pi##ed!:slow rofl::think smile bounce::think smile bounce::think smile bounce:

You may Sir…. and may I say that’s very kind of you…. thank you very much mate! :thumbsup:

I’ll make more of an effort to say hello next time…. with the sun/heat and all the beer I was drinking, I’ll be honest and say I was a bit pi##ed!:slow rofl::think smile bounce::think smile bounce::think smile bounce:

far to hot to be social if you ask me ! Haha sat under the sail all weekend

Not what this thread was started for, because these aren't banded, but they are still steels.

The guys at Navis wheels have asked if I'd run their new concept steels in the real world as final testing to see how they are on the higher end of the Transporter weights and being a T32 and a work vehicle that's always loaded, and the fact I do the miles, made mine the perfect test vehicle before these get signed off and production commences.

The first picture is what they call the 'Schmoov' and it's available in 19 and 20" 8.5 all round or the option to go staggered 10" rears. I'm running the staggered 19s

View attachment 123572

The second picture is basically an Amarok steel style, but also available in the same 19 and 20" with the same width options, that they call the Holey.

View attachment 123573

The wheels I'm running are the concept versions and they have a couple of very minor tweaks to make to the Schmoov wheel, but that's only the centre bore being a little snug and the fact VW caps don't fit perfectly on these wheels yet, but these wheels do have the option of an old school domed metal cap the same as the old air-cooled VW stuff.

Personally I really like the Holey style in 19" staggered and the quality is exceptional, but the Schmoov style are actually growing on me and look much better in real life. Both sets will be on my van at this weekends Forum meet, Schmoov one side, Holey the other.

These will retail around £1000 a set and they are meant to be landing in the UK late August.
Oh and for the legal purists among us, they are load rated high enough to use on a VW Crafter and they are direct VW fitment, so no more plastic spigots.

Anyone wondering why I'm running these as tests, it's simply because Navis is part of Transporter HQ, which is no secret, and I often do long term testing on products these guys develop, plus what steel fan would say no to running a set of free wheels with new tyres, thus protecting my own banded 19s whilst they take a break for a short while.
Hi newbie here. I've just read through 70 odd pages re banded steels,( its raining here and I had a big night last night), always a favourite look, and now I see the 19" staggered Howley. I love them!! My van is a white PV, lowered on b14's and I'm looking for a dark, matt colour for the wheels .Currently running 20"Moma's. Any advice recommendations gratefully received . Thanks

Reactions: DWS
Still rolling on steels.. no rubbing (I drive it nearly that low), no paint issues, no build quality issues, always come up looking immaculate and super easy to clean. Top quality from duchy 4th set of steels from him and I e never once had a problem.

@Tourershine you were right about smoked chrome! For anyone else looking these aren’t smoked chrome.

03C6255A-CC83-439C-86F5-4FADFB18CA72.jpeg

94A8D1E6-AAC4-4BD3-A4E3-E7EA7D52519A.jpeg

2454E027-BD87-4DEC-ADD4-DF858AAAAABC.jpeg

Still rolling on steels.. no rubbing (I drive it nearly that low), no paint issues, no build quality issues, always come up looking immaculate and super easy to clean. Top quality from duchy 4th set of steels from him and I e never once had a problem.

@Tourershine you were right about smoked chrome! For anyone else looking these aren’t smoked chrome.

View attachment 125120

View attachment 125121

View attachment 125122
Chrome’s still looking good and popping against the red! I think smoked chrome would be too dark against the red.

How does it feel (comfort) compared to your 20’s? :cool:

It’s definitely more comfortable but that might come with a lack of performance.

The 20” with the narrow sidewall from the little drives I’ve done today offered better cornering and a firmer ride, giving you a better road sensation.

The Duchy wheels with the 45 profile offer comfort and easier/softer steering. It’s a lot easier to drive and certainly more comfortable on some of the Sussex A roads!

No regrets at all, and very happy with the performance of the A005’s. I look forward to driving on them in the rain as I think that’s where I will see the real benefits.

It’s definitely more comfortable but that might come with a lack of performance.

The 20” with the narrow sidewall from the little drives I’ve done today offered better cornering and a firmer ride, giving you a better road sensation.

The Duchy wheels with the 45 profile offer comfort and easier/softer steering. It’s a lot easier to drive and certainly more comfortable on some of the Sussex A roads!

No regrets at all, and very happy with the performance of the A005’s. I look forward to driving on them in the rain as I think that’s where I will see the real benefits.
Hi, have you got any side on pics please, thinking of similar set up. looking forward to your update on Sussex roads, where about are you, I'm in Brighton?

spotted this number plate that might be of interest to one of you guys in this group.

These are now on sale if anyone is interested. Have just placed my order

A7D6C27A-1C6E-4B5C-96D1-9AFF7F854379.jpeg

Last edited:
Im maybe going for a set of 8.5in all round. 15mm spacer on the rear will bring them to same set up. I just think its handier having them all the same.

Back