Team Banded Brothers.

I saw the posts on Instagram and really like the Holey, not sure on the Schmoov one yet. Im very tempted to get a sqaure set of the 8.5in Holey and just space out the rears.

Whats the weight like on them?

Not what this thread was started for, because these aren't banded, but they are still steels.

The guys at Navis wheels have asked if I'd run their new concept steels in the real world as final testing to see how they are on the higher end of the Transporter weights and being a T32 and a work vehicle that's always loaded, and the fact I do the miles, made mine the perfect test vehicle before these get signed off and production commences.

The first picture is what they call the 'Schmoov' and it's available in 19 and 20" 8.5 all round or the option to go staggered 10" rears. I'm running the staggered 19s

View attachment 123572

The second picture is basically an Amarok steel style, but also available in the same 19 and 20" with the same width options, that they call the Holey.

View attachment 123573

The wheels I'm running are the concept versions and they have a couple of very minor tweaks to make to the Schmoov wheel, but that's only the centre bore being a little snug and the fact VW caps don't fit perfectly on these wheels yet, but these wheels do have the option of an old school domed metal cap the same as the old air-cooled VW stuff.

Personally I really like the Holey style in 19" staggered and the quality is exceptional, but the Schmoov style are actually growing on me and look much better in real life. Both sets will be on my van at this weekends Forum meet, Schmoov one side, Holey the other.

These will retail around £1000 a set and they are meant to be landing in the UK late August.
Oh and for the legal purists among us, they are load rated high enough to use on a VW Crafter and they are direct VW fitment, so no more plastic spigots.

Anyone wondering why I'm running these as tests, it's simply because Navis is part of Transporter HQ, which is no secret, and I often do long term testing on products these guys develop, plus what steel fan would say no to running a set of free wheels with new tyres, thus protecting my own banded 19s whilst they take a break for a short while.
Have you got any close up pictures of them? id like to see them close up to see if I could be converted but I’m not sure I will be. o_O

I would have but it falls on our birthday weekend and we are away.

still don’t think you can beat a duchy Amarok.
Won't be long before Paul's sent these new wheels off too duchy anyway :whistle:

Morning Team,

I know I've asked this before but after checking my tyres this morning they are pretty much ready to be changed after this weekend, I'm running the standard 255/45/18 ON 8.5/9 Duchy Amaroks

I have narrowed it down to three different brands

Michelin Pilot 4
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 - (which are what I'm running now)
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 5

They are all around the £600 - £700 price range but I know a lot of you run different brands so thought I'd ask for peoples advice/recommendations?

Reactions: DWS
Morning Team,

I know I've asked this before but after checking my tyres this morning they are pretty much ready to be changed after this weekend, I'm running the standard 255/45/18 ON 8.5/9 Duchy Amaroks

Michelin Pilot 4

They are all around the £600 - £700 price range but I know a lot of you run different brands so thought I'd ask for peoples advice/recommendations?

Always F1s for me mate.

My tyre shop hate Dunlops and wouldn't let me buy any.

Running the Michelins on my daughters Mini and they are a really nice tyre, but I'm a Goodyear boy.

still don’t think you can beat a duchy Amarok.

I don't disagree, but the Holeys are really nice and obviously fully legal, but banded do have a soft spot for me.

As for sending them to Jamie @RedUn there's no room to band them unless you banded an 8.5 which is pointless because the 10" does the same anyway.

However, he will be having a set of mine to go my usual Chrome. The Silver is stunning in the sun with a mega metallic bling, but too standard for me.

Morning Team,

Michelin Pilot 4

I'm on the Goodyears at the mo, I'll probably go Michys next though, they seem to last longer yet give the same performance:thumbsup:

Morning Team,

Michelin Pilot 4

Another one here for the Goodyear Eagle F1’s…. :thumbsup:

Has to be the coolest club on here! I'm joining...
I see not many of you are running 17", mostly 18" 9 and 9.5 any reason why?
Just that the VW Amarok steel wheel are 18” and a fantastic looking wheel. When I bought my T6 it was on 20” alloys…. now that I’ve made the change to 18” banded steels, I’ll never go back! The 18” wheel allows for a bit more tyre and more comfort. If I was to change from my banded Amaroks, the only wheel for me would be the 17” GP steel wheel, banded by Duchy of course. :cool:

Feel free to correct any mistakes but as I know it..
The 18" steel wheels used as the basis for banding are the wheels off the VW Amarok (spare wheel usually) so they have the PCD and stud pattern correct already for the Transporter.
The 19's are usually Range Rover steel spare wheels that need a bit more work since they start off as a thinner wheel.
9" and 9.5" widths because that is what Duchy has worked out to be the best fit for the Transporter.

Feel free to correct any mistakes but as I know it..
The 18" steel wheels used as the basis for banding are the wheels off the VW Amarok (spare wheel usually) so they have the PCD and stud pattern correct already for the Transporter.
The 19's are usually Range Rover steel spare wheels that need a bit more work since they start off as a thinner wheel.
9" and 9.5" widths because that is what Duchy has worked out to be the best fit for the Transporter.
No mistakes that I can see! :thumbsup:

Just that the VW Amarok steel wheel are 18” and a fantastic looking wheel. When I bought my T6 it was on 20” alloys…. now that I’ve made the change to 18” banded steels, I’ll never go back! The 18” wheel allows for a bit more tyre and more comfort. If I was to change from my banded Amaroks, the only wheel for me would be the 17” GP steel wheel, banded by Duchy of course. :cool:

Steels, it's a way of life! I'd only go smaller and wider too!!

Back