Team Banded Brothers.

I was going to go ferric grey and I saw some smoked chrome and changed my mind.

9.5 cos I like big lipsssss

My RRs are 9.5/10 at the moment.
The colour will be the nuts!!

pretty sure the outside lip always stays the same position if duchy makes them. @Tourershine can confirm. I’ve had a set of 9.5s I even wanted 10s in Amarok but I was talked out of them luckily because the 9.5 was still to much for me personally and had to get rid.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not being a party pooper and I’m all for wide girls but just checking no one else makes the mistake I’ve made:D you might have a different look or purpose though. I have low issues

pretty sure the outside lip always stays the same position if duchy makes them. @Tourershine can confirm. I’ve had a set of 9.5s I even wanted 10s in Amarok but I was talked out of them luckily because the 9.5 was still to much for me personally and had to get rid.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not being a party pooper and I’m all for wide girls but just checking no one else makes the mistake I’ve made:D you might have a different look or purpose though. I have low issues
Im not sure about the 19" RRs because Ducky puts 2 bands in those. However the 18 Amaroks only have 1 band, one of the reasons they are cheaper. So a 9.5" wheel rim would be 0.5" further out than a 9" wheel.

I’ve got smoked chrome in 8.5 & 9, previously I had 9&9.5, now I’m lower 8.5 is deffo best on the front, but I did prefer the 9.5” rear to the 9” I have now, a deeper dish looks good! Jamie has a set of Amaroks already paid for and they will deffo be wider rears again!
What’s happening with the RR’s, I’m surprised no one has asked!!

I’ve got smoked chrome in 8.5 & 9, previously I had 9&9.5, now I’m lower 8.5 is deffo best on the front, but I did prefer the 9.5” rear to the 9” I have now, a deeper dish looks good! Jamie has a set of Amaroks already paid for and they will deffo be wider rears again!

Its your van that has swayed my choice! They look amazing!

Do you think I'll have issues with the 9.5s on the back? I'm not silly low but 'fairly' (for static)

Someone has asked about the RRs already.. but they will be for sale.

Ahh thanks!!

Naa you won’t have an issue, I think @Jayjmac had issue as he is on air and super low, I’m on SoLow max height but carry a fair bit of weight, the 9.5’s never rubbed on the rear at all, and I could go a fair bit lower before issues, @Tourershine is lower than me and run 9.5’s no issues. My issues were with the 9” fronts, but with full winter 255 45’s there still wasn’t much rubbing, just more so than with the 8.5’s I have now.
100% I will go 9.5 rears again.

Inhad my last set refurbished prior to selling them, my mate done them in a Matt black undercoat with BMW Ferric grey and they came out amazing, I will more than likely have them like this on my other set.

Don’t think you will have an issue selling the RR’s!

4E5D8E4C-F3BD-4501-9DC9-62279B609F71.jpeg

I'm on 9-9.5 on solows with zero rubbing and could easily get 10mm down more and 20+mm on the back without issues I think.

235 50 tyres though. I think the slight "stretch" help clear the arch when the suspension goes through its travel rather than the favoured 255 45

20210406_173805.jpg

It's the hub face and rear lip of the wheel that stays in the same place and the outer lip moves in or out, depending on your widths. 9.5s will fit, but they are close to the edge.
10s fit on RRs but I can say they don't on 17s, but boy do they look cool hanging out the rear arches.

Started something here :D again it’s how low and tyre choices that’s all. I guess it all depends on the look your going for. 9.5 will go just sharing some issues I had. Wasn’t sure how low were talking.

Reactions: DWS
You’ll be fine like the thread said. I didn’t know how low you were. I didn’t really have issues on the 9.5 but I had to stretch the tyre loads to get it in.

RRs are different. They fit totally different in my opinion.

sorry to put the willys up you!! It wasn’t meant like that:oops: I just didn’t know how low we were talking.

Again it’s different here.. the 9 is great on the front for me. I suppose it’s the tyres again.

Again it’s different here.. the 9 is great on the front for me. I suppose it’s the tyres again.
Yeah they looked awesome on yours, they seemed to tuck right in too! Proper magazine like the pics I’ve seen! Static vs air and throw in tyre choices and it’s all different!

Its your van that has swayed my choice! They look amazing!

Do you think I'll have issues with the 9.5s on the back? I'm not silly low but 'fairly' (for static)

Someone has asked about the RRs already.. but they will be for sale.
I’m pretty sure you won’t have any issues with 9.5” on the rears mate.... that’s what I’m running with 255/45 tyres and no issues at all. The sliding door runs close to touching, but it does clear (just). :thumbsup:

I’m a bit late to the conversation but I’m thinking 18s now my rrs look great but in my opinion if I go with the t6 spoilers it doesn’t look as good as the 18s.

So, what's the consensus on tyres...

18s in 8.5 (maybe 9) & 9.5

255/45/18 103
or
235/50/18 101...

Vans a T30
If you’re gonna go with the (maybe 9”) on the front, I’d go with the 235’s.... based on the fact that that’s what @Wilmur is running with SoLows, no issues and looks spot on!

I’m on the 255’s Goodyear Eagle F1’s and I love ‘em! :thumbsup:

So, what's the consensus on tyres...

18s in 8.5 (maybe 9) & 9.5

255/45/18 103
or
235/50/18 101...

Vans a T30
Why not buy these from a fellow Banded Brother @matt_r.... they’re more or less brand new Michelin’s!?

I have for sale a set of 4 Michelin Primacy 3 tyres in 235/55 r18 load rated at 104, I purchased these and I had them on my vehicle for approximately 3-4 weeks and did approximately 100 miles in that time, but I decided to change to 255/45 r18 tyres instead.
£350 collection from Dagenham RM8.

View attachment 111935View attachment 111936View attachment 111937View attachment 111938View attachment 111939View attachment 111940View attachment 111941View attachment 111942View attachment 111943

Last edited:
Thank you. Whilst I agree they're a good price, they simply too much tyre.

I don't want a 55 profile. I've had a look back through the thread just now too and see those very tyres were removed from Duchy banded amoroks (9s) as 235/55 was catching the door card to the point it wouldn't open fully.

Thank you. Whilst I agree they're a good price, they simply too much tyre.

I don't want a 55 profile. I've had a look back through the thread just now too and see those very tyres were removed from Duchy banded amoroks (9s) as 235/55 was catching the door card to the point it wouldn't open fully.
I’m sure I’m right in saying that that was a problem for @matt_r because he has a Caravelle (or Caravelle door cards at least). I’m sure I’m also right in saying that because your van is lower than Matt’s, the tyres will ‘tuck’ more and you wouldn’t have that problem?

No worries, it was just a thought/suggestion to help both you brothers out. :thumbsup:

Back