Team Banded Brothers.

@T6ARF cheers mate :thumbsup:
@S700 Hello mate, I went for the duchy amaroks in 8.5 and 9, I originally went for the 235/55 r18 and was having trouble with the door cards on my shuttle (which has the Caravelle door cards) rubbing the tyres, so I then changed over to the 255/45 r18's because everyone seems to be on them with no problems but they are still rubbing. I'm currently lowered 65mm on h&r's but I'm thinking of going to 80mm and I definitely need to get the tracking done which I'm thinking will sort the problem, I hope so anyway.

@S700 Hello mate, I went for the duchy amaroks in 8.5 and 9, I originally went for the 235/55 r18 and was having trouble with the door cards on my shuttle (which has the Caravelle door cards) rubbing the tyres, so I then changed over to the 255/45 r18's because everyone seems to be on them with no problems but they are still rubbing. I'm currently lowered 65mm on h&r's but I'm thinking of going to 80mm and I definitely need to get the tracking done which I'm thinking will sort the problem, I hope so anyway.
I’m confused by this post. You had 235 tyres on ABP drive had rubbing on the door card. Then put a 20mm wider tyre on (255), I would have though it obvious it will still rub. Do you have any photo of where it was rubbing?

I’m confused by this post. You had 235 tyres on ABP drive had rubbing on the door card. Then put a 20mm wider tyre on (255), I would have though it obvious it will still rub. Do you have any photo of where it was rubbing?

Sorry I'm not sure what ABP is?
Yes I went for the 235/55 first but was having the rubbing issues with the door cards, so I mentioned it on here and was advised it could be the higher profile tyre bulges more on the side wall which is where the rubbing was, and as so many people on here are running 255/45 although wider could sort the issue, even people with shuttle's and the same door cards were just missing with the 255's. So I took the plunge and brought some and it still hasn't fixed the issue.
I can get some pictures Friday as I'm working all day tomorrow.

Sorry I'm not sure what ABP is?
Yes I went for the 235/55 first but was having the rubbing issues with the door cards, so I mentioned it on here and was advised it could be the higher profile tyre bulges more on the side wall which is where the rubbing was, and as so many people on here are running 255/45 although wider could sort the issue, even people with shuttle's and the same door cards were just missing with the 255's. So I took the plunge and brought some and it still hasn't fixed the issue.
I can get some pictures Friday as I'm working all day tomorrow.
Sorry, autocorrect. Should say and and no idea where the ’drive’ camefrom either.
pictures should help solve.

Are you full drop on the rear with the adjuster removed?

Mine just clears like that with my carpeted ply. If I take the back seats out its enough weight removed so they rub, more like just touch to be fair.

Same wheel tyre and suspension setup :thumbsup:

Just thought I’d give a little update, van now lowered a little on stance proline (not fully wound down yet as want to wait until camper conversion completed as it will make it drop a little more anyway).56ADF334-45BB-486F-A781-894E6D29861A.jpeg

Perfect! Thanks @Wilmur

These are going to look so good.
Now to decide on tyre brand. So much choice these days.

EDIT:
In light of your pics and tyre choice I've updated my order with Duchy to 9/9.5"

I think I'm about 90-95mm down on B14s with small hub mod and T6 machined top mounts.
So won't be far off where you are.

Last edited:
Are you full drop on the rear with the adjuster removed?

Mine just clears like that with my carpeted ply. If I take the back seats out its enough weight removed so they rub, more like just touch to be fair.

Same wheel tyre and suspension setup :thumbsup:

I'm currently at 65mm but wanted to go the full 80mm, I think the extra width on the door cards isn't helping, although @fezza68 kindly put a picture of his shuttle with the same doors and it just misses..

Perfect! Thanks @Wilmur

These are going to look so good.
Now to decide on tyre brand. So much choice these days.

EDIT:
In light of your pics and tyre choice I've updated my order with Duchy to 9/9.5"

I think I'm about 90-95mm down on B14s with small hub mod and T6 machined top mounts.
So won't be far off where you are.
Nice! Will looking epic I'm sure

In light of your pics and tyre choice I’ve amended my order to 9/9.5s.

If you are talking about Amaroks, 9" fronts don't work on mine, they poke out too much, meaning they rub on my height and look like they don't fit properly.
I've mentioned this before, but there is a difference in some T6 fronts that make the offset a little strange. Myself and @T6180 had this problem with a pair of RRs that poked out around 10mm on the front of his old 2016 T6 and looked daft, but the exact same wheels tucked on the front of mine and the difference between poke and tuck is quite considerable, but we've never been able to work out what made his T6 poke and mine not, the only difference was manual and DGS and 2016 and 2017 vans.

All 3 sets of my banded steels have been different and I've now got the sizes perfect on all of them, but it's been trial and error.

17s has to be 9" and 9.5" because the 10s Jamie made for mine were way too wide and rubbed my arches on road dips.
18s has to be 8.5" and 9.5" because the 9" poke on the front of mine, but the 9.5" rears tuck lovely and look the nuts that deep.
19s has to be 9" and 10" which sit perfectly and tuck under absolutely spot on.

Several people run 9" fronts, but they are not daft enough to be as low as mine, so it's not quite so obvious, but even the set of 9" fronts that @DWS had off me didn't quite work on his T6, and now he's moved to 8.5s I think.

If you are talking about Amaroks, 9" fronts don't work on mine, they poke out too much, meaning they rub on my height and look like they don't fit properly.
I've mentioned this before, but there is a difference in some T6 fronts that make the offset a little strange. Myself and @T6180 had this problem with a pair of RRs that poked out around 10mm on the front of his old 2016 T6 and looked daft, but the exact same wheels tucked on the front of mine and the difference between poke and tuck is quite considerable, but we've never been able to work out what made his T6 poke and mine not, the only difference was manual and DGS and 2016 and 2017 vans.

All 3 sets of my banded steels have been different and I've now got the sizes perfect on all of them, but it's been trial and error.

17s has to be 9" and 9.5" because the 10s Jamie made for mine were way too wide and rubbed my arches on road dips.
18s has to be 8.5" and 9.5" because the 9" poke on the front of mine, but the 9.5" rears tuck lovely and look the nuts that deep.
19s has to be 9" and 10" which sit perfectly and tuck under absolutely spot on.

Several people run 9" fronts, but they are not daft enough to be as low as mine, so it's not quite so obvious, but even the set of 9" fronts that @DWS had off me didn't quite work on his T6, and now he's moved to 8.5s I think.

Thats correct, 8.5 front, I will go 9.5 rears again like you say it looks good and works. 9” front on the SoLow did rub a bit hence the change.

I had issues with the side door rubbing when I was lowered on H&R springs with the 9.5’s but this was resolved with the SoLow suspension and natural camber you get with it. Mine is also a 2016 DSG.

Off subject but my local VW have offered to buy it as they have a buyer! Used van market is good if you’re selling by the sounds of it!

Off subject but my local VW have offered to buy it as they have a buyer! Used van market is good if you’re selling by the sounds of it!

Are you selling it?
I was tempted to let mine go and I've had a lot of really good offers, but the wait for a new factory build is too long, so I'm keeping mine another year until supply starts to become more frequent, because like you, mine is a work van and I cannot have time out of a van.

Reactions: DWS
Are you selling it?
I was tempted to let mine go and I've had a lot of really good offers, but the wait for a new factory build is too long, so I'm keeping mine another year until supply starts to become more frequent, because like you, mine is a work van and I cannot have time out of a van.
Contemplated it, but looking at what’s out there, spec wise, not exactly what I’d want, so like you, would need to order exact spec from factory, I’d probably not have a sportline next time either! So more than likely I’d wait, plus then there’s the fun of starting again with mods!

Contemplated it, but looking at what’s out there, spec wise, not exactly what I’d want, so like you, would need to order exact spec from factory, I’d probably not have a sportline next time either! So more than likely I’d wait, plus then there’s the fun of starting again with mods!

A mate of mine spec'd up a Sportline last week and walked away when he hit £70k and decided to keep his Amarok.

Reactions: DWS
Back