Team Banded Brothers.

We also don't need to carry around spare suspension parts in case a valve or compressor decides its had enough ....static all day long :thumbsup::whistle:
Come on don't hate the player..... if any suspension fails you're going home on the back of a truck:laugh:

Im running mine through the winter after have them repowder coated. I have treated them with waxoyl in the channel where the rim meets the hub and used carbon collective platinum ceramic coating everywhere else. So far so good.

Banded Brothers, how well do these wheels hold up over winter?

I've run my 19s for 2 years now, and in some awful conditions through winter, and the simple fact is, if you don't damage them, they stay looking as mine do in the pictures, but catch a steel on a kerb, or chip it, and they rust in a matter of days.
Having owned alloys and numerous steels, and doing major milage up and down the country, I can say that my steels are far more robust than any alloys i've owned.

It's not all flowers and fluffy clouds though. Every banded steel owner in here will tell you just how annoying the water catchers are. The lips are so deep, that they catch loads of water as you drive in rain, or through puddles, this then sits at the bottom of the rim every time you come to a stop. Also the dishes are so deep that that also catch all the crud from the road, making them filthy really quickly, although a microfibre cloth, a bit of detailing spray, and around 2 mins, and they look like new again.

I noticed that my last set of Black banded 18s, Jamie ran a really neat bead of Black sealer right into the edge of the wheel, where they can often rust if not coated properly, and that gave the wheel a really nice finishing touch. I assume it's was simply because they were Gloss Black, and the sealer was Black. Any other colour and the sealer wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Can't stop looking at this thread, that looks awesome :cool:

Have you or anyone else considering polishing the lip up?

Polishing steel would have it's issues, main one being protecting it. If the polished look was your thing, you'd be better going Chrome powder lips, and then a coloured centre, if that was your thing mind.

Polishing steel would have it's issues, main one being protecting it. If the polished look was your thing, you'd be better going Chrome powder lips, and then a coloured centre, if that was your thing mind.
Yeah that's what I was wondering, might look awful but might look proper retro too...!

Back